A brand new morality level?

3 Likes

Bacon?

Edit: Damnit, too late.

Mmm…

On order. Out of stock.

3 Likes

1 Like

So that means I’m either correct or you are sending me out of the room :wink: .

Woot! Prepare to be amazed Chris.

I’m cleaning off my desk to prepare for full immersion tonight. I’m on call though…my luck when I get a new toy I’ll end up flying to Seattle or something. Wonder if it will work in the cockpit? VR in R.

Good Man! Congratulations.
Now turn everything down. All the shadows and reflections and any eye candy in any sim. You see…

WE TOLD YOU NOT TO BUY IT.

So solly sir. I only have 980ti. I cant max nutting. LOL
Seriously, Let me know if you are running full switch in VR. If you do, then I will stop waiting on the 1080ti to be released and buy a 1080.

You get it working yet?

Also, with the recent announcement of ASW, which is already usable with a registry edit, along with that shiny new GTX1080 you have, turning down detail might not be needed. Cranking up the pixel density slider will help a lot. I currently run at 1.8 with a GTX980, so you should be able to set it to 2+ .

Haven’t even unboxed it yet. It’s one of those things…when I get something cool like this, I make a deal with myself - I’ll clean my desk, finish a couple other projects around the house, then I’ll feel like I earned it…LOL Sick mentality, but it keeps my flight sim hobby tenable…

:smiley:

2 Likes

Well, you are going to lose yourself for hours once you get the Rift working, so you are probably doing the right thing.

I would recommend as a first VR flight sim experience to fire up DCS with one of the Russian jets such as the MiG 15. Just sit there in the cockpit and soak up the details, the physical size of the cockpit, how the switches and knobs etc are fully three dimensional. Peer around the gunsight of the MiG 15 and you will see that even the nuts and bolts attaching the unit to the glare shield are modeled. The same for all the cockpit plumbing, and the small first aid kit on the bulkhead to your lower left.

2 Likes

OMG Beach! I do the same darn thing. LMAO.
Paul is absolutely right. Just go through a few pits. MiG-21, F-15, Su-27. The WWII birds are amazing too.
Today I got home and was tooling around with P3D. Too bad this had no happy ending. However, I did a fly-inside session and Oh Yeah! Here are some aircraft I liked. The old Razbam F-102 is huge inside. Not as well detailed as a DCS bird but still worth a look. The biggest surprise was Just Flight’s Lightning. That pit was so nice. I got a real sense of depth. However, the darn aircraft had no sound. Then I broke P3D and had to uninstall. Dengit!.

Beach will be in the man cave with a “do not even think about disturbing me” sign outside the door for a while. Say goodbye to sleep.