1.5.7 vs 2.5 Comparison Shots

Time is the one luxury I do not have, nor am I in a position to grant any to you.

2 Likes

Some new shotsā€¦

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10159755117270341![20k-6|690x388](upload://x4hJAgTSvgQLK9HittWWNvGp1Ht.jpg)![20k-2|690x388](upload://4K1ZIgRVIoOaff2iYd0eqAfOpFR.jpg)![20k-3|690x388](upload://4g7PL2RTIHtHXcqhx3f3udMmZzF.jpg)![20k-4|690x388](upload://qkDMTA4efc2l7XU3dRxKpHCUIyh.jpg)![20k-5|690x388](upload://7hzaJtu34GiWFLpZWna5jXB84tM.jpg)![20k-1|690x388](upload://5eP2LsN9pnooRRWeZuOh1bfJkj7.jpg)

10 Likes

OMG! Niiiice!
Canā€™t be too far now! :smiley: <---- Total personal speculation NOT based on any hard data!

1 Like

It will be released ASAP! - based on objective consideration of all available data :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice!

OMG Youā€™re right! It will be released as soon as itā€™s finished! Itā€™s so obvious!

1 Like

The great 2.5 unification is coming!
There is a Santa, after all!!! :santa:

4 Likes

`For the updated Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5, weā€™ve spent a LOT of time and effort to add a lot more detail to the world. In fact, we are right against the edge of what our system memory specification can handle.

Looks amazing but as someone who runs middle of the road specs I truely worry that 2.5 is going to spec me right out of playing. Iā€™m already at hardware minimum as it is.

2 Likes

The comment you quoted would be more full options, you would probably need to dial back the eye candy to get it there.

1 Like

I would be happy with dialing back the eye candy quite a lot if it allowed for larger maps and more other features.
I understand thatā€™s not everyoneā€™s opinion though.

Btw is it just me or is that a spherical earth map now?

3 Likes

I agree to larger maps. I like the latest maps but do feel they are constrained in size which limits gameplay options

1 Like

I think they will grow as the ED tech for map grows.

1 Like

Itā€™s a balance as well, in that for CAS we want detailed, realistic, ā€˜I can see the ground target by that treeā€™, level of detail, which is created using tools but still must be manually art intensive. I wouldnā€™t want less of that for a bigger map.

The NTTR map introducing the different levels of fidelity helps here I think, in that we literally have fly-over country at the edges. :slight_smile:

@SiThSpAwN so fine if you canā€™t say, but I guess the new map will come out in alpha first of course, as in we talk about ā€˜The Great Mergeā€™ like itā€™s a cliff drop-off, but itā€™s probably going to be a period of overlap between ā€˜Legacy 1.5ā€™, ā€˜Open Alpha 2.Xā€™, right? I mean, there must be a bunch of map compatibility things to sort out as weā€™ll be in an alpha type period with the public?

2 Likes

Fair enough, I guess I should have thought about the fact that promo shots are gonna be maxed out settings. Even with my concerns Iā€™m still looking forward to 2.5, you guys really are building an amazing sim.

1 Like

They are working up the roll out plan now. I cant say how it will roll out, but I am sure it will be in such a way as to allow people a choice until 2.5 stabilizes a bit.

1 Like

ED is doing their best to bring a great looking experience, but trying not to force everyone to upgrade to the top of the line equipmentā€¦ but its a tough balance.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t spend all this time learning how to tank so I could never be further than 100 miles from the target :smile:

4 Likes

This quote is just as exciting to me as new module announcementsā€¦

I bit the Bullet on Black Friday i7 8700K 32Gig Ram 1080ti inbound next weekā€¦I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY VR HAPPINESS!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

8 Likes

Make a post/thread RE upgrade, specs, pics, pitfalls etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like