1.5.7 vs 2.5 Comparison Shots

ED was sharing info the same before 777’s announcement… I believe this thread was created before 777’s announcement, must mean they are scared of ED if you want to use that logic. (PS I dont)

Well they better be scared, if there is no F-111 :yum:

4 Likes

I appreciate your dedication :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If things are moving along, then more power to ED. I just believe that it would be a mistake teasing the community right now if there is a chance that the wait is more than literally a few weeks.

Anyways, that is far longer than i intended to entertain that line of discussion, this case is closed for me.

2 Likes

I would argue that the timing of the announcement shows that ED was already planning and implementing this course of action. It is too soon after the 1C/777 announcement for ED to have abruptly changed the course of the ship without making ad-hoc statements. All of ED communications in the past month have the feel of advanced planning and preparation and not the feel of someone reacting to a rapid situation change.

But we all have our opinions and I won’t go further into mine here except to say that those 2.5 screenshots look absolutely stunning and I am really looking forward to 2.5, not for the great merge which I appreciate, but the update of Georgia to Nevada/Normandy standards.

Those winter shots look fantastic!

1 Like

They figured out how to winter gud

2 Likes

The big driving force behind ED’s statement was the concerns about the Yak-52. And how it impacts other projects, and in hand with that, how WWII impacts modern elements.

3 Likes

I’m glad ED set this straight once and for all as there are a lot of people who are upset everytime ED announces a module, reasoning that it will delay the unified 2.5 release. As if ED is a handful of guys all working on everything at the same time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, people think that the same person is creating FM for Yak and coding systems on F18 :wink:

3 Likes

Soooooo…are you saying there will NOT be a TGP slung under the wing of the Yak? Hmm…I was looking forward to targeting while performing a Split-S…

5 Likes

It’s commonly known that the Yak-3 is an early variant of the Su-35 -War Thunder Devs

8 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

And thats ok…

https://youtu.be/sZa26_esLBE

But yea, I’m a lumberjacker too when it comes to my sims.

Didn’t mean it like I was dissing on DCS. Love DCS and love IL-2. Each gives me my fix for virtual aviation in different ways. My first ever computer game on my first ever computer was Su-27 Flanker back in 1995. :slight_smile:

Because when you play sims you…put on women’s clothing and hang around in bars? :thinking: No, don’t see that connection!

I’ve always been a survey simmer vs a study simmer. By that, I don’t mean I prefer survey sims to study sims, rather that I prefer to spread my time among multiple sims (like ROF, Il-2, DCS, SF2, EECH/AH, whatever is on my HD at the time) instead of flying DCS or Il-2 exclusively and forgetting the others.

Same for my racing sims, shooters, RTS, whatever. So while I can understand not spending time on a game you dislike, I do not understand the mindset of “find one I can dedicate myself to 100% and then shun the others regardless of how good they are.”

I mean, pizza is good. Yet you don’t pizza for 3 meals a day every day of the week because you found one food you like and have no need to look elsewhere.

Sith’ response to the guy admitting to liking both DCS and Il-2 like a sane person reminded me of the monty python song.

I was defending them both really, I couldnt call myself a WWII sim fan and deny the importance of IL2 to the world we play in. I own them all. I think they all have their strengths, and their weaknesses. I hate to see anyone tear any of them down. I am biased on some things, but cut me some slack I am buddies with Yo-Yo and Wags :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I should really try the newest IL2 itteration, and the CloD updates from recently at some point… Where do I find the time?!