2020 Dumb Questions Thread

The best one.

1 Like

Ah! So in that case it’s the amount moveable by a machine with the output of 5 llamathrust.

2 Likes

Laden or unladen, though?

What does it say in the standard?

Prefabulated amulite.

African or European?

South American actually.

Wheels

Why does nearly every YouTube video of gameplay that I want to watch have such awful swearing on it? I was interested in an Arma 3 mod, went to watch a video about it (multiplayer) and it is just a non-stop stream of F-bombs. I know this question doesn’t have a satisfying answer, and I know I’m getting old, but really…

3 Likes

ArmA3’s robotic voice lines have a bunch of swearing by default. It annoyed me, too, because in gunships I use manual fire and tell the AI to cease fire before taking weapons (so they won’t shoot at the same time I do); ArmA3 will often do “[expletive] cease fire!” This applies to a lot of voice lines.

1 Like

I believe Beach means the players playing the games in YouTube video swear a lot.

1 Like

I find swearing in video game voices sometimes add to the atmosphere. For example the barks in Company of Heroes are a large part of what made that a classic to me. It lent the proceedings urgency. It’s befitting that troops under fire and in contact with the enemy would be salty about it. I know I would.

Yeah…it’s not the NPCs in the videogames that are swearing too much (although I wouldn’t want to play GTA around anyone)…but the streaming YouTubers/Twitchers…

I’m with u. I can tolerate a bit of cursing. I do it myself…a little bit. I got a 7 yo son. So I watch my mouth. But I cant listen to a constant string of obscene language. At that point, what you have to say, falls on my death ears.

I explained to my kids when they started noticing my bad language that when dad starts cursing and yelling and using all kinds of bad words, that’s how daddies cries. See, if you hit your finger when using a hammer, you cry, right? Well daddies goes *#%$&#(#%!!! :shit:!

Kids understood that perfectly. The upside is that they come and lay a hand on my shoulder and say “it’s ok daddy, it’s ok.” when I’m having trouble getting a bolt to go on right :wink:

I agree that it’s no good in youtubers. Unless they’re crash laobi, but he made it into an art form.

3 Likes

I don’t really mind swearing…it just makes it hard to share gaming and/or simming with other people.

1 Like

There’s plenty good and fun youtubers who make perfectly family friendly content tho. Redkite for example. Wags himself of course. Or this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERjcJzbzHmoBVPJpqn9RjQ

1 Like

Well in that case, I don’t have an answer. I do recall a friend talking about the original Xbox with voice comms and saying “I’ve never heard so much high pitched swearing before in my life.”

1 Like