A-10 Warthog Pilots Are Using The Digital Combat Simulator Video Game To Train In VR

6 Likes

Interesting how the article says they are using Oculus Quest’s but all the pictures are the Rift 2 I think (apart from a Vive Pro further down).

As an aside, the general rule of journalism is that if you know the subject to any depth then there’s always lots of errors and mistakes - it sort of makes you wonder about things you don’t know about when you read them. :wink:

8 Likes

But…but… VR just isn’t ready for prime time yet…:rofl::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Quote from the article.

With all this in mind, DCS users can feel even more confident in the game’s fidelity. If it is good enough for A-10 pilots to learn essential skills, it has to be pretty damn good.

5 Likes

Often when I read about something aviation related, I shake my head. When Mrs. Microbiology reads about bacteria and viruses, she shakes her head.
Yes, I have wondered if someone, somewhere, always shake their head, when reading a news article…

Obviously not! :wink:

Considering it started out as a desktop trainer for the USANG A-10A to C conversion, it does make sense. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sims rule! The world is finally catching up to little ol’ us!

2 Likes

Funny you mention that…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Kids Im Not Ok GIF by Simon Super Rabbit

2 Likes

Funny Face Reaction GIF

Hey, maybe in a few months time I can talk about it…

6 Likes

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

1 Like

Don’t know if this is the same video posed here a while back (didn’t watch this one) but they were also using the PontCntrl gizmo. Made sense.

What’s ironic is the article refers to DCS (mutliple times including the title) as a video GAME. The dreaded G word vs S word.
Hoggit fans be like…

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

3 Likes

Game? Game! :slight_smile:

Showed that YT fan movie (“DCS Fan Move V”…hold on a sec…here again) to a former Eagle Driver last week. He said, and I quote, roughly,“…got me kinda excited there for a minute…”. Without any qualifiers, like, “for a game”, etc.

Think it was the 1v1 part at 2:49. So, even they kinda get it. :slight_smile:

Oh boy… Yeah.