A3 - Global Mobilization "State Scarlet"

Originally published at: http://www.mudspike.com/a3-global-mobilization-state-scarlet/

Cold war gone hot! – We take a look at the 10-mission, single-player campaign included with the Global Mobilization DLC for Arma 3… Global Mobilization Released in the Spring of 2019, Global Mobilization became the first official third-party Creator DLC for Arma 3 (A3). A collaboration between Vertexmacht and Bohemia Interactive has brought some interesting…

8 Likes

[Eric looks left, right, left. “Really? Nobody has anything to say?” It’s been a busy week I guess.]

Another nice one, @BeachAV8R. And thanks! You’ve almost talked me into it. I put ARMA on the shelf once VR captured my heart three years ago. But even when I was moderately active I found my own ineptitude to be hard to overcome. I guess I should have chosen a path that did not involve testosterone, tactics or a steady aim. Oh wait! I did! But next Steam sale I will dust off the TrackIR cap and enjoy hours of hiding behind a rock until those bad commies go away.

2 Likes

Ha…yeah…it would really be something if we got native VR support for A3. I have dabbled with it in VR using vorpX, but the end result really isn’t all that satisfying. I particularly love the slower paced recon/plan/execute missions where I feel I have a chance…and I always enjoy non-linear play. The ability to rearm and scavenge weapons from soldiers or vehicles is a neat feature that always feels like a bit of an adventure game.

A3 content can be hit or miss for sure. Steam Workshop missions vary greatly in quality…but I’ve managed to find some fun ones.

It’s a bit of a dated concept, but I made a UH-1 Huey transport scenario for Weferlingen and RHS and Len Cold War Aircraft, way before 1.2 of GM landed: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1735571089
I hope I one day find the time to update it further to use the GM air assets!

1 Like

I saw that when going over the Steam Workshop and am excited to give it a whirl(ybird)… The 1.2 helicopters and fixed wing planes are fun. It is shame there isn’t a small airbase to use in the terrain, although roads and fields work fine. And I think someone did make an airbase template for it as well…

From what I know the lack of an airfield is intentional, as the terrain intends to be a 1:1 replication of the inner German border back from the 1980ies. And there’s just no airfield so close to the border. For gameplay purposes, however … one may differ with the map makers design decision.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m not very knowledgeable about how you mission and campaign designers make stuff…but can you “import” an airfield or FARP into a different terrain? Is it just an object you can add in the mission editor or is it way more complicated than that?

Depends on how the airfield/FARP/fortification is setup initially. The Arma 3 3D editor Eden can be used to assemble different objects and save them as ‘composition’. This ‘composition’ can then be re-used in missions and altered subsequently.

But you cannot copy/paste for example the Chernarus airfield onto Weferlingen, as the Chernarus airfield terrain objects are ‘baked’ into the terrain and not a ‘composition’.

Also I admit I’m not very knowledgeable on how those compositions are shared between mission developers. Maybe there’s a library somewhere on Armaholic or the steam workshop?

1 Like

I like this Autobahn airfield… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or…I guess you could…

1 Like

I haven’t found the airfield template anywhere, so I just went ahead and changed the Huey with the CH-53 and uploaded https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2246639188 - Helo Over Weferlingen. Enjoy :slight_smile: Hope it works, it’s barely tested.

1 Like

Sweet…I’ll give it a go!

i want that plane in DCS, lol.

Just finished up the campaign. Hoofed that last mission the whole way. Also, equally disappointed there weren’t any missions with helo or air! Especially that Dornier!

1 Like

Haha…yeah… It is good fun killing things in that tank though. And I enjoyed the music…

There’s a global mobilisation discord channel (https://discord.gg/nXyT3Qdh) that has a channel for user-made missions, that include the new assets.

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ