Activate Windows just popped up?

Does anyone know why I just now (like this minute) got an Activate Windows box in the bottom right of my screen? I’ve been on Win 10 for over a year (?) and activated it long ago. Lord help me if I have to go find my W7 key or something (wasn’t Win 10 a free upgrade?)…

winactivate

1 Like

Nevermind…I hit the Troubleshooting button in the Activation Settings Page and it did something and fixed it. Easiest fix of the year for once.

There was a notice about this problem just yesterday.

Wheels

1 Like

So it’s not just me doing something wrong? Whew…usually it’s me doing something wrong.

I saw a video on this the other day.

1 Like

Why not both? :wink:

Microsoft has had a very bad year with updates.

When it comes to M$ I always start looking for how they might have screwed it up before I start looking for things I did wrong, especially when I haven’t done anything to change the system.

Wheels

1 Like

I have to admit though…over my decades with Windows, considering how much and how frequently I use it…I have really gotten my money out of their products. I sure would love it if they created a lean and mean “Gamers OS” or something. I’d lay down cash for that. I’m surprised Valve or NVidia haven’t tried something like that…

Valve has tried with SteamOS, that’s based on Linux, though. I wonder how that approach would have fared in a few years of time, now that devs are really starting to use Vulkan.

1 Like