Adding Aircraft to different countries? Still possible?

Seems like I cant do this any longer. I am continuing to be denied my Vietnam experience. I wanted to add the ingame F4 to USA. Adding USA to the Lua did nothing. I also tried adding A-4 to aggressors with no luck.
Has anyone had success with this? I need some tips to make this happen.

Thanks all.

Maico

Only way I know of is to spawn them with lua into the desired country, outside of modifying files.

How do you mean?

Using this command:

coalition.addGroup(country.id.USA, Group.Category.AIRPLANE, airGroupData)

You can create any aircraft group and add them to any country, regardless of whether or not that aircraft is available in the editor.

I usually add the US Aggressors to the enemy side ā€¦ they have access to everything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So in ME I can do thatā€¦ uhmmm ā€¦ letā€™s seeā€¦ now just to add skins and whalla!

Thanks guys, Iā€™ll try that

On a related subject, Iā€™d like to do the same, add my Mi-8 to the USSR. Ironically I can add a Gazelle because I own it and itā€™s CAS compatible, but not the Mi-8ā€¦makes no sense.

What Iā€™d really like to do is add more SAMs than the SA-2. All the way up to at least SA-10 (SA-14 ad SA-13 too) were Soviet before they were Russian. Same goes for all the ships with exception of the Neustro-whatever FF (although Iā€™m pretty sure it was at least under early construction before the Wall came down). I can understand theyā€™re not adding those to USSR because of the flags they are flying - different from the Soviet Navy, but the SAMs donā€™t have unit designations.

Also, kt would be good to have the Silkworm system under USSR as well as Iranā€¦that is where the Iranianā€™s bought them from soā€¦

Not asking for how to do itā€¦Iā€™ve got the Lua stuff bookmarkedā€¦just donā€™t want to spin my wheels making changes to files if it will never work.

Modules that you own are added to a special list that is available for all (most) coalitions/countries. They get something like an exemption from the regular country restrictions. I say ā€˜mostā€™ because there are one or town that are (maybe accidentally) only available to some countries.

1 Like

Wowā€¦seen in adjacent postsā€¦yeah, my new avatar still looks too much like yoursā€¦

OK, so now I understand why the Gazelle shows up under USSR. The Hip? Quite a few countries have them so I was thinking it was because USSR doesnā€™t list ā€œTransportationā€ as one of the Tasks for the USSR.

As a related aside, I am really getting irritated with the whole Task field in the ME. I understand that it is used to differentiate Advanced Actions (which is fine) and also filter weapons load outs (which is just OK), but I donā€™t like how they get restricted by country and then by aircraft.

Sometimes an Mi-8 can do anti ship strike (OK, not a strike, but shoot up smaller boats or unarmed ships). EDIT: My point there is that your AI wingman will not attack ships if the Task is CAS or something similar. There is also something screwy with the Viggen. It wonā€™t accept Ground Attackā€¦or sort of accepts it and then freezes that Group from further editing.

But I digressā€¦

Yeah. Some options in there are ā€¦ challenging :slight_smile:

Keep your avatar. Mine is too dark and needs to be replaced. I like yours. Itā€™s like the pilot is asking a question :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL ā€¦ that question heā€™s asking to me would be, ā€œSeriously? You are going to try and land this Mig again? Give it up and hit Esc on short final!ā€ :laughing:

EDIT: :rofl: (just saw your new avatar)

1 Like