Aginor's weird NFL thread

Exactly - there’s a clause about how many blacked out seasons he can have before being allowed to move the team, and I’ve never trusted that he’s had the city’s, team’s, or fans’ best interests at heart. Especially if you dive even a little bit into his background.

1 Like

It’s most likely going to be a month or more. I love football just like you guys, but what happened to Tua was a crime, IMO. It’s a coaching problem as well. I still see players in college often tackling with their heads down. That can be, and should be coached out long before a player gets to college.

1 Like

3 Likes

She looks a LOT like a girl I dated about 6 years ago.

According to Miami, Tua Passed Concussion protocol, I call BS

2 Likes

And the new independent doctor appointed by the player’s union. He did pass the protocol but is sitting the game out. Bridgewater, also under concussion protocol, is sitting out too.

May God bless our 3rd string QB taken in the 7th round…

2 Likes

I just read the @Aginor initial post… I won’t pretend that I read all the subsequent 2.2K posts :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m another non American who likes NFL. Mainly because I have a wife who has been a Patriots fan for as long as I’ve known her and will ‘force’ me to watch the Superbowl every year. Which is kind of ironic considereing she hates European Football (soccer) and Rugby…FYI I love my Rugby.

I’m a Buccaneers supporter (won’t say I root for them… that has an entirely different meaning where I live) and looking forward to them smashing Pittsburgh today/tomorrow/yesterday (depending on your time zone) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, some things changed a lot since that very first post years ago, I changed some of my opinions since then. For example I stopped disliking the Browns.

But yeah, same here with football vs. soccer, I rarely ever watch soccer and even less often get really excited by it, but watching a good football game (and even better: a good Cowboys game) excites me.

1 Like

Today on German TV:

Vikings @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Colts

Miami defense looks good so far, but the offense stands in its own way (penalties).

German TV also broadcasts Bills @ Chiefs ans holy cow that’s a football game. Amazing plays on both sides.

1 Like

Cowboys lost, as expected. The Eagles are pretty good this year.
I’ll watch the highlights later, but the result suggests that they didn’t play too dire at least.

Cooper Rush forgot he plays for the cowboys.

Ah, I see. Yeah, a QB is the centerpiece of an offense, he is what makes a whole offense run, or fail if he doesn’t work as intended.

Ok, I watched the highlight video.
I was actually surprised how well the Cowboys performed. But you just cannot win a game when you have three INTs and a turnover on downs. That one was on Rush IMO.

But you have to give credit to the Eagles, that looked pretty good.

Today on German TV:

Bucs @ Panthers

I am watching the Cowboys game on a second screen. Glad to see Dak again.

1 Like

Panthers trade away their best player (to my home team 49ers :grinning: ) and shut out the Bucs from scoring a TD.

Oh, I have a long, expletive - filled rant about that, but honestly, McCaffrey deserved better than our clown -shoes former coach was able to provide him.

Also, I’m becoming even more and more convinced this is all part of David Tepper’s work to alienate the fans and city. I don’t trust him having the team’s best interests for being in Charlotte at heart as far as I can throw him.

Sounds like he went to the Rachel Phelps school of club ownership. :wink:

Wheels

1 Like

Pretty much. And honestly, folks are starting to suspect it’s for the same reason.

Well, those that didn’t think that from the beginning, anyway.

Rhule did for the Panthers what Nick Saban did for the Dolphins - nothing…

While I think the Panthers got little in exchange for McCaffrey, the dynamics of the team changed (and for at least today) for the better. I like the Panthers and hope they do well.

But tonight, my Phins play the Stillers (who I’ve liked since I was a kid) so I’m just hoping for a good game! Keeping both my Marino jersey and Terrible Towel in the closet.

2 Likes