Aginor's weird NFL thread

armchair qb>That last Vikings play was a head scratcher.</armchair qb

I’m trying to figure out why T.B. is trying to win a Playoff game against a 12 Win non division team, with a 1 Dimensional Offense, Literally, Snap, Brady sits in pocket, passes. I think I ran more attempts and yards to the bathroom to throw up watching this game than the entire T.B. Offense…

Brady doesn’t scramble, Brady doesn’t run, when someone gets thru the O-Line is crouches over and takes the sack.

I counted at least 9 times, the Back would run a flare route, wide open, and brady looks at him then throws a pass that’s has no change of being caught or nearly picked.

Woke up to the news of a Cowboys win! :cowboy_hat_face:

Sadly could not watch it, but will watch the highlights later.

First road win in the playoffs since 1992, it was about time. And against Brady’s Bucs. That will wipe a few idiotic grins off the faces of those guys here in Germany that have been Bucs fans for all of the last two years and kept saying “The Cowboys suck, Brady will get us another Super Bowl”.

That being said: I don’t see the Boys in the SB either, but it is sure nice to see them win a playoff game at least.

Just watched the highlight video. Seems that the Cowboys defense was playing a lot of deep coverage to take away Brady’s favourite passing options. Not bad.

But wtf was wrong with Brett Maher? That guy has only missed one FG all season, and he misses four PATs in a row during that game.

Side note which surprises people who don’t know that much about American Football:
The list of players by total points scored this season only contains two Running Backs in the top 30 (#14 is Austin Ekeler and #26 is Jamaal Williams), the rest is Kickers. The first QB is Jalen Hurts at #35.

they literally upload the highlights to YT within 1 hr of the game ending now.

Enjoy watching 4 botched Point after attempts.

1 Like

The defense didnt have to do much else, T.Bs Offense was 1 Dimensional.

I wonder why though.

Exciting games this past weekend! Always said Wildcard Weekend is the best football the NFL offers.

1 Like

If the giants try to blame their showers not working for that abysmal performance, lol

You gotta admit the Giants did stink in that game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadly the Cowboys game is too late for me to watch fully. Again.

Now watching Bills - Bengals. Buffalo buffalos getting buffaloed in Buffalo so far.

As for the Cowboys: I might be a fan, but I am not delusional, they will have a hard time against the 49ers. Yes, they beat the Bucs rather easily, but the Bucs were the worst team in the playoffs. The 49ers are a lot better.
I kinda expect (but hope it won’t be) a result similar to the Eagles-Giants game.

…that will not stop me from cheering for the Boys of course, and hope for the best. I want to see a great game. At least in the first quarter, before I go to bed.

1 Like

Common theme the last few weeks, buffalo digs themselves into a hole

They mentioned last night QB Coach left buffalo and Josh Allen has turned it over more,
while Jones did a 180 vs previous years.

Winter is coming, by the looks of things. Maybe that bodes will for the Bills.

This is a good game, but can’t stand Nance & Romo announcing.

Ok, so… this game actually looks better than I thought.
Great defense on both sides actually.

Two INTs by Dak, sadly as expected.
Pollard injured, that’s not good.

I fear the Boys will break down in the second half.
When it matters then Mr Irrelevant is really good.

Sadly I have to work tomorrow so I’ll go to bed now and hope to wake up to a surprise Cowboys win tomorrow.

1 Like

Well… that Cowboys-49ers ending reminded me of last year’s wild ending. But this time around Zeke played Center? … with 9 receivers and then Zeke gets drilled after the snap :crazy_face: but seriously that was a good game, defensively, on both sides. The rivalry goes on…

So… yeah, that’s the season then.
Congrats to the 49ers.

Looks like the defense kept playing decently, but the offense just didn’t make it.
Sad, but at least the Boys made the playoffs and won one postseason game this year. That’s more than they managed to achieve in the last… 25 years or so. They weren’t Super Bowl material this year and we all knew it. It’s an OK result.

That being said: I don’t know about Dak. I like that guy, and when he has a good day he is up there with the best. Sadly those good days are less numerous than I’d like them to be, and he is a bit like Vinny Interceptaverde (if you still remember that guy).
But I am not sure if another QB can just magically appear and make everything better.

Another thing is: rumor has it that both Kellen Moore and Dan Quinn (Cowboys OC and DC respectively) have received offers for head coach positions. Those two have had a massive (positive) impact on how the Boys played recently, and I fear the worst if they leave.

No according the the fanbase on social media.

Well, fans are fans. And Cowboys fans are among the most… let’s call it “enthusiastic” ones, so they tend to be loud (and annyoing, I can say that because I am a Cowboys fan myself) on social media. In fact I cannot stand most Cowboys social media channels and avoid them. The hate is as intense as the praise.

Of course we have seen teams with worse seasons win the SB so there is always hope. I want to see them win again, too. But they would have needed to improve a lot to beat the best teams, which they just didn’t.

well, the fans made themselves made themselves look bad on the news.