AMS2 beta out

Hi,

anyone else enjoying the new Automobilista 2 beta that just came out yesterday? Graphics are really a nice upgrade from Automobilista 1. To me the driving physics seem quite nice, though I heard otherwise as well. But I guess they’ll upgrade anything anyway, if we like or not :smiley:

Cheers,
TeTeT

2 Likes

Got any specific link?

I’m guessing people are under NDA but I saw the announcement on RaceDepartment. I avoided Automobilista 1 and stuck with Assetto and Project Cars. Anyway, what little I’ve seen of A2 is making it quite attractive.

Here are a few links, I’ve visited (hopefully you don’t need to sign up to view them).

FAQ: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-faq.8708/

1 Like

Whoa cool!

Picked up AMS2 last night. It’s Early Access, but only $30… 40% off the eventual full price when the full version is released. For being EA, it has a huge lineup of cars and tracks. If anyone is remotely into sim racing, check this title out. Buy it now to save money, let it sit on your computer while it’s developed if you don’t want to deal with headaches, and eventually you’ll have a great product.

I’ve never heard of it. Based on another sim, or newly developed? That is an impressive lineup of tracks. Does it allow third party dev?

It uses the madness engine from Project Cars 2. But the driving already feels sufficiently different to PC2, to say it’s a new game, rather than a glorified mod.

Drawback I noticed so far is that the net code for online racing is a bit rough. E.g. chassis to chassis racing like in AMS 1 (which is based on rFactor 1) is not really an option, as the collision boxes seem to interfere.

In Single Player I already had quite some fun, but there’s no championship yet, just individual races.

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ