Announcing the 'Styrspak FPL 37 Viggen'

It’s taking time…but progress is made.

15 Likes

you sir are a true craftsman … that is amazing work there.

2 Likes

I’m so excited to see the final product

2 Likes

How does the trigger compare to the real thing now that you’ve got it made in metal? Does it replicate the clean break that you reported the real one has?

Amazing work Troll!

1 Like

It does. But both the safety and trigger requires less force than the real thing. Still, there’s absolutely no doubt that you have pressed the trigger and you won’t be doing that by mistake. It has more resistance than any PC joystick trigger I know.
And, quite frankly, if it would require the same activation force as the real stick, I think users would complain. It would also be much harder to design.
So, all in all, I’m quite pleased with it!

5 Likes

Very nice! Bra jobbat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! :+1:

1 Like

Wanna go splitsies on a router mill and a lathe? :wink: Wonderful work there Troll!

2 Likes

I have a lathe now…but I could use a milling router!
If I had a workshop that wasn’t situated in the living quarters of my home, I’d get that desktop 6 DoF CNC Milling station we salivated over earlier, and just mill everything…

4 Likes

Time for the WorkshopBox NG, with a WAF-maximizing crocheted tablecloth and flower vase on top by day, yet hiding a complete makerspace within? ^^

Heck. I’d back that kickstarter…

5 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

And I just got a property with a shed for my machine tools…

That’s actually a great idea!

@Troll Have you given any consideration to publishing the .stl and parts list and letting folks build their own, like the guys at Authentikit? Believe me, I’m going to be first on your pre-order list for an actual, metal Viggen stick, but I’d also be interested in 3D printing and assembling my own. My Brunner base is pretty sensitive to stick weight due to the short extension I’ve added, and I’ve found it works better with lighter, plastic sticks (much as I prefer the feel of the TM Warthog or Hornet stick!).

2 Likes

Im going to buy one, purely to support @Troll and keep him making stuff like this, not just the stick but all the content he’s made of him creating it. Its been so interesting watching it come to life.

3 Likes

No, but I will now…
Building the prototype has had me thinking that every stick will require a lot of time and manual labor. Maybe a DIY kit, would be more feasible. The Authentikit stuff looks really nice! Makes me want to build their controllers just to build them :wink:

5 Likes

Same! I’m doing that now, actually, though I haven’t decided if I’m going to procure the other materials myself or buy one of the bagged kits. Probably a kit, as I’m simply impressed they’re offering it as an option.

1 Like

Any news, snags, revelations we should know of? Or any way we can contribute?

1 Like

Thanks for your continued interest, @aniron!
The latest snag is that I will be moving to a new house… That will take up some precious time.

4 Likes

You will need help. I’ll stop by and move your SimBox NG for you. I’m sure it will fit in the back of my SUV. I’ll it over to your new house just as fast as I can…after a small detour to Dverberg…trust me. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have talked to the security staff at the airport. The SimBox will be moved in an armored van, part of a large motorcade.

3 Likes