Announcing the 'Styrspak FPL 37 Viggen'

Well, faen!

1 Like

Hey Troll, how are you? Already settled in your new home?

1 Like

I’m fine, thank you!
Not in the new house just yet. Less than a month away though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! First time posting here!
Love your project very much!
I would love to get in touch with you privetly about a project Im working on. but so new to this that I dont know how to PM you directly. =D

Hi @Saaywhu and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:
As a new member, private messaging isn’t available to you. I will send a PM to you instead.

1 Like

Welcome to Mudspike @Saaywhu. :sunglasses:

Wheels

Welcome here @Saaywhu !

@Troll is our Master Builder resident here, (almost) anything you have in mind - he can help with.

2 Likes

Any progress on the stick and when do you think you will be able to start selling these? I am really invested in this whole thing!

2 Likes

Hi, @Sumbat and welcome here! :mudspike:

Thanks for your interest in this project!
I have been very cautious in my expectations, regarding a timeframe. It’s a hobby project for me and I can’t allow it to become a stress factor in my life. So, in short, no, I don’t know when…
There are some recent developments though, that may speed things up. I will hopefully know more in a few weeks time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should you want someone to help beta test something, you have but to ask. ^^

1 Like

I was also wondering if you know how you will have it connected to the base. For example, will we have to take part the grip from the TM Warthog HOTAS for example and do a bunch of stuff like that to get it to work with our base, or will it be like a grip you can buy from TM themselves?

The idea is to have a Thrustmaster compatible interface.

Using a TM-VKB adapter will still also be possible, right?

Do VKB still sell those adapters?

They sure do.

2 Likes

Then that should work. Can’t make promises for a possible tactile feedback option, though. But that will probably only work with VPC bases, if I’m able to implement it.

Yeah, that would probably need its own external connection/controller, which would simplify compatibility down to the mechanical part.

Progress!
As it turns out, the internet can be a wonderful place…
Turns out @Saaywhu is enrolled in a 3D design education and needed a project for his exam. He wanted to copy the Viggen stick, for this purpose.
So, I met him in southern Sweden yesterday, to scan the stick grip.
A lot of work remains, but now it seems I will be able to make 3D printable copies and metal casting molds, in the near future…!
It was great to meet you, @Saaywhu and I look forward to our continued cooperation.

PS. The company where @Saaywhu is doing this project, has some pretty cool printers… This is the 3D Benchy boat, a common printing benchmark for 3D printers.

17 Likes

Wow, looks really good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy goodness, that Benchy is an inhalation hazard!

Cool update, exciting!

1 Like