Announcing Tu-22M3 Troika by Black Cat Simulations

In hopes that this is somewhat related to the topic of the post, I have looked at a few more water maps that could be done in DCS (now with less snark!) and what they might look like. The possibility of this aircraft screams new environments to fly it in.

Before we get to the maps here is my reasoning, such as it is:

1. That if the map is made up largely of water it would be easier and less time consuming to make. This is not an exercise in cool maps to fight over, but cool maps with large amounts of water to fight over.
  2. That if the map is made up largely of water it can be bigger than NTTR due to less detail in the water sections and performance will still be acceptable.
  3. I have no idea if either of those are true. Seriously, no idea. Seems reasonable though and makes for a fun exercise.

Taiwan 397,000 sq. meters (NTTR=366,000)

The Chinese airforce isn’t that well represented in DCS, but they operate a sizable amount of Su-27 and Mig-21’s Lots of room to the east for U.S carrier groups.

Yellow Sea 450,000 sq meters (NTTR= 366,000)

Seoul and Pyongyang and the Chinese airforce and water.

Guadalcanal 449,000 sq meters (NTTR=366,000)

Yorktown carriers anyone?

Falklands 443,000 sq meters (NTTR=366,000)

There ya go @BeachAV8R

Iceland 500,000 sq meters (NTTR=366,000)

Here is the biggest and the island alone is big enough to be just as time consuming as Nevada was, but I couldn’t resist.

3 Likes