Apple Reveals Vision Pro Mixed Reality Headset

Hoopla!! Hoopla!!!

2 Likes

LOL, LMOA even. Sorry but it’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Maybe they will all finally get to be more comfy now. Let the cloning begin!

1 Like

That is exactly what I said about the ipad.

And the Apple Watch.

(I still say it about the Apple Watch)

2 Likes

Another interesting take from someone who demoed it.

3 Likes

Did he say thirty-four-ninety-nine? US Dollars?

That thing will be over 4000€. :flushed:

You know this was coming, right?

1 Like

I really don’t see a comparison, and honestly it looks pants.
Google Glass were a much better Form/Function tool.

1 Like

for those, like me, who didnt watch all Futurama episodes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmm, I mean Google glass clearly favored mobility over visual fidelity. Design goals were vastly different.

Oh sure, I just know what suits me the most.
Just a broad statement, really.

1 Like

I concur that it looks ridiculous, but I also got to admit so does any other VR headset.

Edit: Btw. the original reveal video by Apple featured one of our customers, Portal, who are using our spatial rendering tech.

Point taken.

Looks a bit like a Pico 4 :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, a number of things mentioned in that CNET video I could honestly say about my Pico as well. I do think a lot of what he said are of no interest to me, and I have no doubt about it having some quality (especially comfort - not hard to improve that over Quest and Pico OEM ‘solutions’) but I still don’t see anything that would make me want to part with 3½ grand.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what it looks like. I don’t see this as something a lot of people will bring on airplanes. Not because it looks weird but because it would be yet another dam thing to carry and charge. But at home? ESPECIALLY if you live alone? Ditch the TV, the XBOX, the PS5. Game on a 7 foot screen. Watch a 3D film on a 20 foot screen. Play a shooter using your own house and furniture as cover.

Is it for me? No, I am invested in Apple too much as it is. (And I don’t care to do any of the things I mentioned above.) But among the young and wealthy and, mysteriously to me, there are hundreds of millions of them, this will be the new toy of toys.

4 Likes

But… can I use it to fly a virtual plane in high fidelity?

Not interested in texting. F that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

While not buying completely into the hype so far generated by this product, I think the guy writing the article below is deliberately being a complete sourpuss on the subject. I myself try to come in on the middle, with a more wait and see attitude, mostly based around dubiousness about the price.

Exactly, and in my experience a lot of articles like this (and games in general) on Forbes tend to focus on the negatives. It might be a flop, it might be game changing.

All I know for sure at this stage is that it is out of my price range.

5 Likes
1 Like

I haven’t even saved enough money for the Mactini …

3 Likes