ARMA 3 - IDAP Helicopter Pilot

Originally published at: http://www.mudspike.com/arma-3-idap-helicopter-pilot/

Sometimes a simple, straight-forward, and entertaining helicopter mission is just what the doctor ordered… Back to basics Long ago I came to recognize that I am a simple man – with simple tastes. Similarly true for my simulator preferences as well as real life. A recurring habit of mine is to shelve Arma 3 for…

8 Likes

Btw despite we have quite modern strike fighters in DCS we are lacking modern helo. Would be cool to see something similar there.

…I knew I had to buy A3 in the sale :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because you’re adding the complexity of a helicopter on top of the systems complexity of modern jets and throwing multicrew into the mix. It makes for a very rough subject to tackle, especially considering trying to source data on top of all that.

I just wish ArmA3 had actually included mechanics for in-cockpit displays instead of the shoehorned mechanics we got. Take On Helicopters got so close…

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I must have uninstalled and reinstalled Arma3 half a dozen times for reasons like this. The ground environment is so immersive. If only DCS and Arma had a baby.

Great article and reminder!

5 Likes

I have been thinking this for years, maybe give it a decade or 2 and we may well get something our NASA supercomputer can run in vr :blush:

1 Like

I had a little bit of an arma problem… I’m good now. But I was bad for a while. A loooooong while

4 Likes

There is another IDAP helo-based mission by RobJ. That’s usually my go to when I need to simply fly around or practice. And it’s in Tanoa which I find to be the great for some low-level flying.

7 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike @MK84 - thanks for the suggestion. I’d love to explore some of Tanoa since I haven’t really done much on that map. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome @MK84!

1 Like

If you’re looking for a nice *H-60 helo in arma 3 with cockpit interaction, check out https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/interview-project-hatchet-arma-3-blackhawk

I’m on the beta team.

2 Likes
© 2019 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ