ARMA updates

Pretty cool news coming next few weeks for ARMA 3. Adding a Destroyer with walkable interiors, the ability to launch and recover small boats/helicopters, etc. Also releasing some more free assets. Pretty impressive considering this is year 5 after release and they are still updating and releasing new DLC and also free stuff.

That small naval vessel addition is going to be big for me. There was a mod for a spanish navy ship that worked for this, but it was buggy as hell. Can now do some real secret squirrel stuff from the sea.

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s really neat!

It’s already 5 years?! Insane, I remember playing it for the first time in Early Access!

They also have over 4 million players. The most impressive part of ARMA for me is the community. Some of the mods are so well done I can’t play without them.

1 Like

Is there a decent VR mod yet, though?

Man, it’s good that you mentioned those free assets/destroyer coming. Somehow I missed that. Destroyer missions sound interesting. I’ve still yet to utilize the carrier though.

I really like the Unsung Vietnam mod and the WW2 mods (IFA and Faces of War).

1 Like

I’m not sure, that would be pretty sweet though.

Here she is. Inside is modeled has some lifts for boats and a bunch of P-ways and hatches. There is a bridge as well, but i couldnt operate anything. Seems to be missing weapon systems also. It is a static object, so i dont know how animated it will be. This is on the dev branch so it could change.

1 Like

So, it’s accurate for the real LCS’s. No operable weapons, and unable to move under its own power?

:wink:

I kid, I kid - that model is absolutely gorgeous.

3 Likes

That’s one way to describe it.

I’d opt for “A Freedom, a Burke and a San Antonio got drunk one night and made some poor life choices, five months after that the Freedom shoved the San Antonio down a flight of stairs, and four months later this is what came out”

4 Likes

We will see how it ends up, but as of now the FFAA Mod w/ the BAM ship is by far the best ship in the game. It has fully operational weapons, a fog horn, submersible underwater entry/exit, etc.