Assetto Corsa - Still a great game

And they still are. My G27, like my CH Pro rudder pedals just will not die… but old hardware must like old games.

Now that I have it set up again. A back-to-back comparison with Dirt Rally 2, EA WRC and Dirt Rally 1 and the ‘out of the box’ FFB is miles ahead in one particular game…

2 Likes

I had a G25 when I was racing with SimHQ and a few others after, but when I became less able to use pedals I sold it to a friend - who has unfortunately since sold it on. It was good wheel - but I don’t remember having an issue like this one I have with the G29. Plus it’s only in AC that I notice it.

I did want to get a better wheel after my RGT (better than the G29 I mean - apart from the size I was extremely happy with the RGT - which only cost me £70!) but all things considered it’s just not worth that kind of outlay with the risk that I may not be able to use it a lot of the time.

IIRC this sort of control issue was the reason I stopped playing AC very soon after buying. Compared to rFactor 2 early access the control (and FFB at the time) was pretty dismal. I wondered why I should spend time trying to fix it when I had at least one other sim that was giving me what I wanted.

Anyway, I’ll keep trying to sort something. After buying more DLC (I must be nuts) it would be dumb not to :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve just received a new DP to VGA cable with adapter/booster and my old widescreen TV is working well with my gaming rig now - so I can spend more time testing and hopefully driving AC without having to move my wheel and pedals.

Res is only 1280x768 - but it’ll only be for AC, older pancake sims and WRC until it gets VR support. I’ll unplug it for everything else.

5 Likes