Automotive art

How about some Italian automotive art?

5 Likes

Wrong colour. It needs to be blue :wink:

I remember when I first read about the EB110 in a ‘Car’ magazine… Mind Blown (insert meme here)

But if you consider “Despite being born in Italy, Bugatti established his automobile company, Automobiles E. Bugatti, in 1909 in the then German town of Molsheim in the Alsace region of what is now France.”

Which is why the Veyron was inevitable and still at the top of my ‘if I could have any car’ list.

5 Likes

Yep!
Bugatti = blue
Ferrari = red
Lamborghini = yellow.

As a kid I thought that was basically a law. I was shocked and appalled when I saw my first yellow Ferrari. They have to be red!

(And yes, technically Bugattis are French cars).

3 Likes

I was going to argue this with white, but on reflection, i think you are correct

But you also forgot Pagani in silver.

@Harry_Bumcrack Zonda over here if we can have anything. Just to look at as i guarantee it would be shite to drive

3 Likes

Doesn’t Mercedes have dibs on Silver?

Also: British racing green for Lotus.

4 Likes

Good point. But I’d still say silver pagani zonda is too iconic to change

2 Likes

I always thought Black?

Well, if I ever had a lambo, that would be my colour of choice.

1 Like

Orange is another very common Lambo color.

Porsche is black I’d argue, and Jaguar and Aston Martin both green.

1 Like

Porsche I usually associate with white, but if I was going to own one then there is only one colour and it is:

1 Like

On the subject of car colours … why are most Tesla’s, seems like about 90% are white :joy:

1 Like

It used to be that any other color cost at least $4k more. Not sure if that is still the case.

3 Likes

Porsche is a weird one. I don’t associate it with any particular color.

Red, white, silver, black and yellow are seen most often.

2 Likes

Where I liive in the Southeast US, Teslas are mostly black or dark blue. Lately I’ve started seeing flat black ones.

2 Likes

Thats getting popular here as well.

2 Likes
  • Multi coat - Pearl white Free.
  • Metallic - Deep blue £1,300.
  • Solid - Black £1,300.
  • Additional metallic - Quicksilver £2,600.
  • Additional multi coat - Midnight cherry red £2,600.

yep its a cost thing … so if you know anyone with a white one … they are a cheapskate :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

It started with Mercedes, but if I remember correctly it eventually became a German thing during the 20s and 30s, picked up by Auto Union as well.

3 Likes