Beat Saber

So @BeachAV8R mentioned this game, and I’m trying to convince myself to stop being lazy and actually mount my vr sensors so I can use my expensive toy instead of it sitting in a box. Anyway went looking for videos of this game and came across Through the fire and the flames, which in guitar hero was like … wtf. It’s worse in this! Half of the time you can’t even see what you’re supposed to be doing here lol. This guy is insane.

https://youtu.be/ywEh9ECEnkU

4 Likes

It’s an amazing game - pretty much the mythical ‘killer app’ for mainstream VR, plus is really popular on PlaystationVR. Pretty high energy stuff, so prepare to sweat a bit. :sweat:

(still want to see your Two Point Hospital AAR) :slight_smile:

I agree. It is one of those breakthrough games with near universal appeal for all that play it. And it is also a fun group game when there is only one person in VR, which makes it unique. Definitely better if you play the music and have a big monitor showing the action so everyone is in on it. Chicks really love it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Coming. I think tomorrow. I’ve been out a bit and got caught up with rocket league tonight.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s one of those ones I’ve got my eye on so keen to see what you think.

Hijacking the thread!
I would like to get She-Jimmi a little more into the VR world! Suggestions?

1 Like

Well, a 1000% Beat Saber for sure. I mean…it seems universally liked and enjoyed, does not cause any VR sickness that I know of, and pretty much everyone loves the music. It is easy to understand, but challenging to play as you move on into more complex songs. So that one for sure.

Then, put her in the headset and do Google Earth in VR. It is insanely fun. Take her to a city she would know and just let her hover over it. Fantastic VR experience:

Another good introductory game I think would The Invisible Hours…described as “immersive theater”:

Those would be my initial recommendations. You’d have to gauge whether she is into fun shooters because the other triple A title that seems universally enjoyed is Superhot VR:

2 Likes

Just be careful with beat saber … you may never see your pc again and as Beach says google earth is amazing. BOXVR is pretty good as well.

1 Like

uh oh. I am going to be lost to time. I am super bad at this. Picked a song at random and couldn’t finish it on normal through 3 tries :wink:

haha. Gotta get back into the swing of things! Pun intended!

It’s been forever since my VR was set up… gonna finish the rest of the room and then I’ll post pictures. It’s permanent now baby!

2 Likes

You will get the hang of it … I started having a “friendly” sort of tourney with my youngest daughter and our competitive streaks kicked in …but she still kicked my butt on most songs :grin: