Being a "Patient Gamer" is nice

As all of you probably can sympathize…all of us have to prioritize. One of the nice things about not having all the time in the world is that I often buy games and shelve them with a “maybe someday”. And the good thing about that is…when I go back to revisit them, sometimes decades later, they generally run way better than they would have on release date/era hardware. Last night my brain was fried from researching and flying MiG-21 nuclear delivery profiles (!) so I went ahead and downloaded, updated, and ran GTA-IV…a circa 2008 game that looks unbelievable! I’ve never played it (been in my Steam library since a big sale earlier this year)…but the visuals are stunning. Yeah…I know…they are probably dated compared to GTA-V…but that is the nice thing about never catching up to the latest and greatest. My expectations are still that the visuals only need to be as good as uh…like the original Far Cry or Deus Ex…

Anyway - can only play GTA in the wee hours of the night when the Little Bear has gone to sleep. This is with iCE Enchancer mod only…

:sunglasses:

BeachAV8R

5 Likes