BLU-108

Is there any other delivery platform for this glorious weapon besides the A10, planned or otherwise, for DCS? I think I’m in love.

1 Like

Just about any air force aircraft can drop them. Navy jets probably could, but the Navy never purchased or integrated them.

Fun fact: First combat employment of the CBU-97 was in OIF. A Special Forces team had eyes on an Iraqi mechanized regiment advancing south. They called in what was available, which happened to be a B-52 armed with SFW.

B-52 made a pass, managed to cripple the lead battalion of that regiment, and the remainder decided they had pressing commitments elsewhere, and noped on out of there.

If you’re looking for stuff to do, the B-1B carries it in DCS. 30 CBU-97 + WW2 Carpet Bombing task - all your frames + Enemy Tanks = :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

F-15E and F-16 should have them as options in DCS.

But I’d really like to have the CBU-78/B with my Harrier, 'cause eff wimpy international treaties and laws.

Challenge accepted.

7 Likes

You were six from the optimal solution

Fuel Air Cluster Bomb is the sort of thing that gives me shivers.

@Gunnyhighway, I imagine that one T-72 is rapidly re-evaluating their collective life choices.

2 Likes

CBU-72 doesn’t have an area denying capability.

Check and mate, CBU-78/B.