Can bf109 hit mach 1?

Gasses are not equal to fluids. Gasses are fluids.
Water is a liquid. Gasses and liquids are fluids. :slight_smile:

I know they are, but for most people that is not the same, ergo my reasoning to word it like that!

Ok. Misunderstood your meaning then.
A lot of people mix up the meaning of fluid and liquid.

1 Like

Like my doctor who advised me to keep my fluid levels up last time I had a fever :wink:

1 Like

I never considered air a fluid until now. thanks for the new info

2 Likes

Beer is the best of all fluids! Liquid state, gas inducing! :wink:

Fluid is used in common language when the meaning is liquid and is, as such, not wrong.

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny because in Dutch itā€™s not used as the common word!

1 Like

Nor in Swedish or Norwegian.
But in english, fluid and liquid seems to be almost interchangeableā€¦?
Of course, as scientific definitions, they are not the same. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s our education system to blame :slight_smile:. People use them interchangeably but they have distinct differences that are important. It is a problem with english - we are losing those types of important distinctions.

2 Likes

If science went with what the majority of people thinks, weā€™d still be sitting in trees flinging poop at each other. :blush:

So does that mean that English can also be fluid. :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah but you also need to change your tone to fit your audience or your message wonā€™t stick at all. When we are touring guests we do not speak in engineering terms in our facility but we ā€œdumbā€ it down. Mostly remove the highly specific engineering knowledge that litters our day to day conversations.

And as we all know, liquor is the best way to keep your liquid levels up. :shamrock:

1 Like