CaptoGloves

Tired of your dumb gloves, get some VR smart gloves instead! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

An independent glove tracking solution, with mouse emulation to help it work with most games. Like this one:

Weā€™re talking $490USD for a pair though, so donā€™t use them for dog walks.

2 Likes

that looks highly suspect on the inset thumbnailā€¦

4 Likes

I wonder if a hobo edition of this would be better, in that forget all the finger tracking and the like, but just provide a glove that can be used with a HOTAS, but you can ā€˜head lookā€™ and then a small switch in the finger (or fingers, like a 2 cent switch between finger and thumb) that allows you to trigger a ā€˜MOUSE1ā€™ (or some other gesture, like ā€˜rotateā€™ etc).

It would be a bit crappy, but it would be very cheap. In VR I could then look up and over and turn that Huey dome light on/off as much as I liked, and then been about $400 less poor. It would work great with existing HOTASā€™s, save grabbing the mouse blind and probably enhance the feeling of being there (a pilot, not a hobo).

2 Likes

Offering Fearlessfrog a drink

Soooo, about this glove idea of yoursā€¦

1 Like

Only if we can call it ā€˜HoboGloveVRā€™ and offer a fingerless edition as part of the ā€˜Derelicteā€™ fashion range.

2 Likes

Heheheh, love the reference!

But really, we got @Troll roll here for the technical details, @komemiute me for the design and @fearlessfrog Fearlessfrog for the idea.

We canā€™t miss.

No, really- why not?
You can take the circuitry of a mouse, and morph/apply/magicabalilla to a pair of nice looking glovesā€¦
AS you said, jsut enough to register some ā€œactionā€ as a right or left mouse click.

No motion tracking, no fancypantsy high tech.

How hard can it be? (Thatā€™s what she said, boom)

2 Likes

Has anybody read Ready Player One?

One step closer to a full OASIS rigā€¦

1 Like

Loved the book, scared about the movie adaptationā€¦

1 Like