Carrier take-off lesson?

He should write a manual… :rofl:

3 Likes

(fixed that for you) :grin:

Check
0:26 to 0:52

The hold back bar is attached to the jet (not shown). The jet is positioned so the launch bar drops down just in from of the shuttle. The catapult is put in tension. (hand signal: right arm thrust forward) Once in tension, last checks of the launch bar and holdback bar, then get the heck out of there, (hand signal: thumbs up)

…then the pilot pressed U on his keyboard. :grin:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that technically be early this morning? :thinking:

2 Likes

I make pancakes at 4PM and have hamburgers at 4AM…my schedule knows no labels… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

We can do that on @Franze’s Offensive Posture pretty much whenever. :+1:

3 Likes

Word of advice, don’t Cat launch with your brakes on… Did it in the Tomcat and was a bit scary… Still got airborne though :grin:

Also, @tempusmurphy and I discovered that the Tomcat will take off with the wings fully back :rofl: I think we washed the wheels in the sea but we flew :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

isn’t this how you end up with the callsign “Bam Bam”?

5 Likes

Those are not the target you’re looking for…

2 Likes

I can confirm with @Mace that the F14 will take off with full wing sweep… I was shaking and getting my life jacket on during the event … I can also confirm that the RIO has to turn on oxygen otherwise strange things happen :grin:

4 Likes

Did you use full burners? I can imagine the B could do a swept wing takeoff in burner.

I know the A wouldn’t manage it very easily. :slight_smile:

I do all my training offline, though. Don’t see the need to go through that online effort unless I’m ready to party.

2 Likes

Yep, full burners :fire: :fire: :f14:

1 Like

OMG! We had a pilot that did just that and we tried to give him that very callsign!

5 Likes