CCRP Ripple Release

So if I designate a point with my TGP in any plane, and I have 12 MK82 low drag bombs. And set my release to be CCRP single with a 12 ripple at 500 feet. Does bomb one or bomb six come closest to the designated target point?

1 Like

IIRC the CCRP is calculated at the midpoint of the ripple, so to speak.

That’s what I figured but wasn’t quite sure.

1 Like

Mind you, I’m not like-100% sure. Only moderately so.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It depends. Some machines do as @komemiute describes. Others start the stick at the aim point. One way to find out: experimentation!

1 Like

And only on runways whilst taxiing :grinning:

2 Likes

Always! :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually, the MILVIZ F-4 for FSX had a pretty good explanation. Using the old F-4 systems you actually had to make do some math yourself and then punch the results into the the jet.

I seem to recall something about having to do something slightly different if you had an even or odd distance in order to get the “middle” bomb on target. At the end of the process your aim point was essentially half the distance from the center of the target. So if a bridge or runway, you aimed at the near end. A bunch of vehicles, aim for the near edge…and if you did the math right…and flew the profile correctly, you would hit most of what you were trying to hit.

A long way to say that I assume you still aim at the near edge. For example in the M2000C. If I had 4 bombs and a target that was 200 m wide, I’d set all 4 bombs with an interval of 60 m. When I dropped I’d aim at a point at the edge of the 200m area; that would give me hits at 0m, 60m, 120m, 180m. Take about a 10-20 m CEP and you would pretty much kill the target.

1 Like