Cessna 172 Throttle and Mixture knobs

I drew up some samples from pics on the net…

2 Likes

I think the ribs need to be a little bigger.

12 Likes

You’re in luck, I happen to work with Cessnas almost every day.

9 Likes

This forum is magic.

7 Likes

You can be my @wingman1387, anytime! Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you pull @wingman1387 out from a hat…?

1 Like

In my experience the throttle isn’t so tapered, it’s basically a cylinder. Though I haven’t see all models.

1 Like

With the amazing stuff you’ve been building @Troll, “No, you can be mine.”
Anyway, one of the photos didn’t attach

Like @Andrew116 said it’s more cylindrical with a roundish end and a slight tapering.

2 Likes

I think troll has got the tapering down to be honest. Might be a bit off but not much.

1 Like

The CAD 3D view doesn’t show the perspective. The taper is only 10%. But I think the taper perhaps should be slightly curved…? I’ll draw up a test…

This doesn’t look better to me, although I don’t have much of a comparison with the real thing.

The “customer” is satisfied. Mission complete.
Thanks for the input and help!

3 Likes

Hi, Troll!
Would you be so kind to share your 3D models of Cessna knobs?
I am building DIY TPM controls and would be very happy to 3D print your knobs for my project.
Thank you!

1 Like

Sure! Happy to!
Post pics… :slight_smile:

Dropbox - C172 knobs - Simplify your life

1 Like

Thanks for instant response! I am still waiting for controller from UK, once put everything together I’ll update the pics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazign design @Troll , Im new on the forum. Is there a way I can contact you? I´m working on A TPM prototype with these knobs.

1 Like

Hi, @tleon320 and a warm welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:
You can send me a message here in the forum by clicking my username and then the message line that comes up, or just post here in this thread.