Chinese Flight Maual on DCS:UH-1H Huey

Concur. Best optionis to be safe.

From US law I can find:

• Registration is voluntary, but required to file a lawsuit.
  • Works made “for hire”, which I guess include business produced works (I say this because the other conditions are 70 years beyond authors death or the last surviving author of a joint work), the term is 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation.

This is from US Copyright law section 3.
The for hire explanation seems to hold water as per this:

@hb1688: I just want to be careful. I appreciate that Chinese visitors may be looking for good translated documentation but ED would be the source for that. I think that they have no problem downloading the documentation and running it through a translator app but I just don’t want to host the files here.

Good luck, though. I hope that you have a process that will work for you because the UH-1H (and other DCS modules) are great!

1 Like

Hey @hb1688! I’m sure ED would actually be very happy with a properly translated Chinese manual for the UH-1H. You could upload your manual HERE, so ED can review it. If there is any help you need on that front, you can ask @NineLine, @bignewy or either @uboats or BillEinstein (the latter two speak Chinese IIRC) for help.

Alternatively you can try to contact the localization manager directly at matthias(@)eagledynamics.ch without the “(” and “)”.

3 Likes

Yes, Groove would be the one to ask, email supplied above.

6 Likes

thanks, I know @uboats and @BillEinstein, they are in forum official Moderators.
I also pubilished to: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252744
i will try to upload ,

1 Like