Chuck's Guide to the DCS F-14B Tomcat has been released

Them noobs? chuck the chuckbook at 'em!

4 Likes

How much chuckbook would Chuck chuck at noobs if noobs would Chuck Chuckbooks at noobs chuck too?

10 Likes

Awesome book! Thank you so much, the RIO startup procedures and ISN alignment was so difficult until this guide!

As a side note, it looks like on page 163, there are two #14 callouts, rather than #15 which should point to setting the Datalink frequency.

Thank you again!

3 Likes

Fixed. Thank you!

1 Like

I can’t thank you enough for this! Your guides have saved me more than once. Thank you again for your work and willingness to share!

4 Likes

You won’t regret it-unless you let her get a little squirrly and Jester has to punch you out!

1 Like

I agree. After not touching the 14 after purchasing it during pre purchase I finally took the time to do some flights with it this past weekend and was blown away with how it felt compared to my normal aircraft the Hornet. Love how you can immediately hear when the cans are put into burner.

1 Like

That specifically was something I too felt was a loss (in the Hornet) coming from the F-15C, which also has an afterburner engagement sound.

Ask @Franze about landing on the Kuznetsov, or try it yourself!

2 Likes

Me to Chester after landing on Kuznetsov:

4 Likes

Did you get it?

No, still thinking about it. Too many modules, too little time…

2 Likes

The Tomcat isn’t just a module; it’s a religious experience!
Best kept secret is that RIO is more fun than pilot.

3 Likes

That’s because the RIO is a thinking man’s game.

1 Like

I need to get back into trying that, now that I have the Malwarebytes workaround going (tried some RIO action a little while back, game turned into a slideshow until it crashed my entire computer).

What was the Malwarebytes issue? I run MWB and never had any issues.

Your are a true resource sir. I’ve used all your stuff and I thank you for the work and time. Beer for you.

I don’t fully grok why people get their jaws outta whack about how X-Thing isn’t exactly like it is in the “Real” world. Not that some of this they’d know anyway (or they too would be in hot water)…

So Vehicle-Y, in DCS, can only pull Z-G’s. So what, that’s what it is, and it’s close enough. Everyone has to ‘play the same course’, if you will.

It’s how it works in THIS [DCS] world that counts. Abstractly: use Procedure-Alpha to defeat Player-Bravo, operating Unit-Charlie, etc.

Ok, I’m done.

1 Like