Civil Aviation Ministry of Information thread

Got some Star Wars geeky juju happening at the moment.
This was not photoshopped by me.

Lower right corner shows Star wars the rise of Skywalker tag line too.

Wheels

1 Like

Has anyone alerted Orange County that there is a Death Star lurking in their neighborhood?

2 Likes

Death Star or Tie fighter?

Wheels

I thought it was just a small moon :wink:

2 Likes

That’s the millennium falcon. Squint.

3 Likes

I see it!

1 Like

Figured I’d post landing at St. Barth from the pilots perspective to round things out. :grin:

Also. What psychopath designs an airplane with the throttles on the overhead panel!?!?! They look so awkward and uncomfortable to use!

8 Likes

Yes. And he mounted the propeller inside!

4 Likes

This advertisement makes me sad…

3 Likes

Isn’t that the Meigs field location?

Wheels

2 Likes

It makes my blood boil if I’m completely honest.

4 Likes

'Xactly…
I took off so many times from there in Flight Simulator 3 and 95… :frowning_face:

It’s a challenging airfield now… but doable :smiley:

3 Likes

This is a glass half full guy!

1 Like

Here’s where I break out my Meigs story: Ready kids? Just kidding. You guys have heard it a thousand times. I too am still bitter. May Mayor Daley soon rot in hell if he’s not there already.

3 Likes

to be fair…I haven’t heard it…or at least I cant remember it mate

6 Likes

BTW, I think I’ve just figured out the FlightAware X-wing thing. My airline wastes massive amounts of money on stupid Hollywood promotions. The current one (soon the whither one hopes) is for the latest Star Wars. When you order your coke here it comes with a napkin with a pair of X-Wings painted in United blue. And while you drink you will be tortured with a very bad SW-themed safety demo. So, somehow, we probably managed to pay off not just Disney but also the people at Flightaware. Or, equally likely, they are one and the same.

2 Likes

Meigs may be gone but it’s a park on a waterfront now. Better then some cordoned off fancy area for the rich that nobody ever gets to enjoy… That’s something…

2 Likes

That was one argument voiced for getting rid of the airport. I’m pretty sure I read that the park is under utilized by the general public.

I think they should bulldoze the park in the middle of the night and build something useful in it’s place…like like an airport maybe? :crazy_face:

4 Likes