Clint Eastwood to direct "Sully" Hudson movie

Interesting. How they will stretch a 2 minute ordeal into 120 minutes should be interesting. I’m guessing they will show Sully beaten down on the playground when he is 5 years old for his marbles…then picking himself up by his bootstraps to conquer all of life from that point on. :smirk:

http://www.people.com/article/clint-eastwood-direct-miracle-hudson-biopic-sullenberger

Best reaction comment by an Internet user: If Clint decides to become a woman, I am leaving this country…

BeachAV8R

1 Like

Someone on the radio yesterday had a good question… who was the co-pilot. You never hear a peep about him… certainly he played a bit of a part in all this :smile:

As for the guts of the movie… yes, lots of fluff… then 10 minutes of action :wink:

Its Hollywood. 35 mins of pax boarding 10 mins of crew prep 30 mins of flight/deplaning in the Hudson. With the rest being the pilots cooping with the incident. And 20 minutes of credits with actual footage from thw incident behind the credits.

Ok, I got this :smile:

MIRACLE OF CLINT - ACT 1, SCENE 5

FADE IN:

COCKPIT. FLIGHT 1549. DAY

SULLY (CLINT):

Well, it look likes the orphanage is all ready to fly - all 155 of the poor little fellas – Let’s get this bird in the air…

(SQUINTS TO CAMERA. CAMERA PAN TO OUTSIDE)

SOMBRE MUSIC. BUILDING TO CRESCENDO.

FOCUS ON FIFTEEN CANADIAN GEESE ON RUNWAY.

GOOSE1 (CGI):

Squawk! (EYES NARROW IN ANGER)

AIRCRAFT ROLLS OUT. CAMERA BACK TO CLINT. EXTREME CLOSE UP.

SULLY (CLINT):

My God, no. The CANADIAN Geese!

GEESE (UNISON):

SQUAWK!! EH!

SULLY (CLINT): TURNS TO CO-PILOT (CAITLYN JENNER). LOOKS BACK TO LEAD GOOSE1:

Uh uh. I know what you’re thinking Geese.

“Did he start four engines or only two?” Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is an Airbus A320, the most economical short-haul in the world and would blow you head clean off, you’ve gotta ask yourself one question:

“Do I feel lucky geese?” Well, do ya, punk?

MUSIC RISES IN TEMPO. EXTREME CLOSE-UP ON ANGRY GOOSE1…

PAN TO ENGINES.

FADE OUT…

4 Likes

And playing the part of the lead goose… of course…

4 Likes

I think Frog nailed it.

1 Like

Only if he can trim that moustache to a pencil width and have a convincing psuedo-European French-Canadian undecipherable accent.

GOOSE1:
Aaah Veal GIIIT You Sully, Sacre Bleau!! (FLAP FLAP)

I would have thought they sounded more like Bob and Doug :wink:

Too likeable.

Evil Villain Action Movie, Rule #17 - ‘To enhance the primary antagonist’s impression of being slightly sinister, use a strong European accent. English is ideal, but French or Eastern European work well too.’

In an earlier scene Goose 1 is shown bullying a seagull (voiced by William H. Macy, protecting his gull family) so we already have some ‘unstable temper bird’ foreshadowing.

:slight_smile:

How about radicalized Geese? no? :smile:

Ah, I was playing with the idea of introducing a radicalized Sturgeon squad to ACT 3.

On the water Clint would fight off huge fish, while the orphan’s paddled to safety. It would have a sort of Jaws-vibe, with the backdrop of New Yorker’s all throwing hotdogs to distract the fish, in that ‘Hero almost beaten, saved by ordinary salt-of-the-earth city workers’ kinda deal.

It’s a work in progress.

I’d like backstory on the Geese… but maybe save it for the prequel?

I had pencilled in Bruce Willis for the prequel.

He’d also play a bird - I was thinking of going with the title ‘Hudson Hawk’?

:smile:

yippee ki yay Mother Goose!

1 Like

I think you need to JJ Abrams-up the script a bit and have Sully collide with this guy:

Was that a goose??!

No…I think it was Jeb Corliss…

Flight 1549 CVR transcript to be used in the movie

Don’t be talkin’ :hankey: about Sully, a fellow Rhino veteran; or I will put a curse upon you! I’m surprised Tom Hanks hasn’t jumped at this role.

1 Like

Um. Well, about that…

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm8MiJWnfyA

1 Like