Cm3 throttle issues

When are you free?
Despicable Me Please GIF

1 Like

Hmmm. I’m thinking a pair of well deburred aluminum squares and four pop rivets. Then EXPERIMENTAL stenciled in small black letters.

4 Likes

Looking at that break a two part epoxy with a strengthening strip on the outside :grinning:

2 Likes

I just had a look at my G2 and any reinforcing strap means you will lose the adjustment for that side.

You can see where it has ‘snapped’ here.

I would buy that replacement, in fact I am looking at getting one anyway - much easier to adjust.

But if you want to DIY it, am inclined to agree with the ‘glue it back together’ plan, I can’t see a way to fix that without losing any adjustment ability anyway. There is a decent ‘well’ to get some in there and depending on the epoxy, you won’t need any reinforcing?

Edit to my edit: Just asked my brother if a 3D printer could be the solution and he suggested that if you can get the other end of the broken bit pushed back out, anyone who is really good at repairing motorcycle fairings might be able to plastic weld it back together.

1 Like

I dont agree with where you say the break is. Its is at the end of the arm.

Do you have a source for the replacement @Harry_Bumcrack. It seems unavailable in UK.

I agree that plastic welding with some steel ring reinforcements would be the best option. Epoxy don’t adhere too good to that kind of flexible plastic.

3 Likes

Sorry, looked to me that the bit with the velcro tab that slides inside the arm had snapped.

And. Can’t find that VRBrother replacement in stock anywhere.

1 Like

Thanks for looking. Looks like a drive to @Victork2 is called for if he is not too busy.

1 Like

$20 here - how much delivery etc will be, no idea, but still an option…

2 Likes

Thanks, but it is out of stock :frowning:

Bugger! :tired_face:

@scoop, could this be something…?

Edit. Says sold out… :frowning: But maybe send them an email and check if there will be more?

1 Like

That’s a really helpful video JT! Staple method looks appropriate here. At least to get Scoop back in the air until a more permanent solution is found.

2 Likes

I should have all the parts I need to fix the reverb by the end of the month. Thanks again for the recommendation @Troll. The makers no longer produce the part in black so Tye is making the adapter component and I have ordered a head cradle for the Occulus. The adapter is meant to make it fit a Reverb. I will post photos in case anyone has a similer snag.

4 Likes