Cmdr. Troll

30 Likes

Congratulations, just remember to get into the correct seat :wink:

10 Likes

Just remember to get into the correct seat…after boarding the correct plane.

(Oh yes I have!)

10 Likes

Congratulations Troll! It’s always a big day when they hand you the keys :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tell em to use a flash next time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now imagine being about to start MX on the wrong plane… Everyone in aviation at one point in their life has walked up/boarded the wrong one. I am sure of that!

2 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats. All the glory (and defeat) is yours now…LOL…! Nice job…I know you earned it many times over!

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
After 17-1/2 years as a first officer, I finally got my upgrade! I’m not complaining, though. I landed a job in an airline a week after I got my commercial license, and I have managed to stay in employment through the post 9/11 recession. Many others have had a lot less luck than me, in this business.
Feels great to get the last stripe on the uniform!

I celebrated by ordering this little jewel… :wink:

6 Likes

Congratulations sir! To the patient and diligent the spoils go eh?

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Belated congratulations Troll!

2 Likes

Did you buy this yet?
EVGA are selling direct at RRP
https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti

1 Like

Yes, It’s in the mail…
Those are some interesting cards. Too bad I didn’t know about them. Don’t think I’ve seen watercooled EVGA cards here. Then again, there’s a real vid card draught over here. Was lucky to get in on this batch, actually.

1 Like

Congratulations! As we say in the Navy - Bravo Zulu!

Hopefully, with the throttles on the other side, its not too much like learning to drive in England - I had an old manual transmission Volvo - the first time I tried to shift into third I rolled down my window…seriously.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, getting the hands to trade duties proved to be a challenge… My first takeoff in the sim was a bit awkward. I lined up, called the heading and grabbed the steering tiller with my left hand and tried to push it forward, to set power. :smile:

2 Likes

How many times do you grab the wrong yoke horn to transmit on the radio? LOL…

3 Likes

I have reached over to the left side of the yoke, to press the ptt with my right hand, on occasion… And I have been reaching for the elevator trim wheel in my flightbag.
Every time that happened, I silently hoped the instructor didn’t notice, but the muted giggle told me otherwise. :slight_smile:

6 Likes