Colchester UK Mudspike gathering Sept/Oct 2022

@Victork2 suggested I arrange to give my infamous “drugs, violence, alcohol and sex” talk about some of my misdeeds in aircraft, to be held between London and Cambridge next year as @tempusmurphy had foolishly expressed an interest in hearing it. Normally it works as the audience group who get in touch with me. This time I phoned a pal who I knew had a group of aviation minded folk who would put up with itinerant Mudspikers turning up to their meeting.

Well it’s happening. A Saturday afternoon or evening in early March 2022 TBA at Colchester. Just up the road from @tempusmurphy. I will try and visit nearbye Stowe Marie’s WW1 airfield during the day. For anyone travelling south on the A1 they could alternatively visit Shuttleworth, Duxford and the USAF cemetery at Maddingly. Mostly bomber crews.

All Mudspikers, family and others welcome.

I am out of practice because of covid, but have three talks booked already before the @tempusmurphy event so I should be in good voice.

7 Likes

Happy to collect and deliver people from train stations etc

2 Likes

Damn but I may have to buy an airline ticket to the UK for this! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have now been given four dates for this, chose one.

March 21 became Sept/Oct and 23 became 22 due to covid. It could be either mid day or early evening. Any preferences for you guys? venue will be Colchester I believe or very close by.

Free Transport/accommodation probably available depending on numbers - no one has a 56 seat coach.

Fri. 2rd Sept.
Sat 24th Sept.
Fri. 30th Sept.
Sat 1st Oct.

Ooh, I might just go wild and hop across the pond for this! Perhaps bring the boy…

1 Like

You would be very welcome. I live a few hours away but could accommodate you both. @Victork2 probably the same

1 Like

Maybe spend the next day at Shuttleworth. @Victork2 could fly in

Cant do fridays, Saturdays are normally ok. Sundays are ok for Shuttleworth/duxford etc.

1 Like

@tempusmurphy ? As the talk was commissioned for you whats best?

Saturday is better for me, but at the moment work could be a problem with all the strikes… :fearful:

1 Like