Combat Air Patrol 2 WILL BE RELEASED! June 6th

We got sent some review keys, so we’ll post something when it is out (no reviews before Early Access is out). It’s hard to tell from the screens (other than the contrast/brown) and I am still optimistic it fills a fun Harrier campaign niche.

Hoorah! I am mostly interested if I can change the colour filter. I absolutely hate that.

Oooh! Ooo! I volunteer!! :smile:

You go ahead and take this one, I’m saving mine for the F-14 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There’s already $50 set aside somewhere in my bank account behind a glass box labeled “Break in case of Leatherneck F-14 release.”

Calculating the interests of your $50 at the time of F-14 release, they will become $500:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You go ahead and take this those, I’m waiting for the CF-188. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Considering I’ve spent a fair amount of time with JF-15, LB2, and EECH the past few years…I don’t necessarily think graphics are the end-all-be-all…

If the flight model is pretty good, and it has decent replayability…I’ll like it even if the graphics aren’t cutting edge. I’m hoping it strikes that balance of gameplay and realism that Strike Fighters manages…

3 Likes

I’ll review it if no one else wants to. Chris has read my work.

1 Like

I’d be happy to volunteer as well! :grin:

1 Like

Big 2 on those two items.

1 Like

Good flight model and ramp start ability, I like to flip switches and a good campaign or mission editor. I’m happy. I’ve never thought graphics needed to be uber good to enjoy a flight sim.
If I’m bombing targets from 30000 feet do I really need a perfect graphic model?

1 Like

I somewhat doubt that CAP2 aircraft are going to have very thorough ramp start stuff. I get the feeling it is going to be more like FC3 / Strike Fighters 2 type engine on/off type (but I could be wrong). I agree though…I love flipping switches and getting an aircraft ready for a mission (love the Ka-50!).

1 Like

From what I understand there will only be a few cockpit interactable elements like the MFD’s. I think you can do a rampstart though.

1 Like

Here’s a preliminary manual. It seems to be less complicated than an FC3 aircraft so far. Doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

Read the dynamic campaign blog

VIFF (Vector in Forward Flight) allows you to pull of some things your bandit may not expect. Can be bound on a dual throttle or any leftover axis you got. Sounds interesting.

Think there will still be enough depth and things to do this way. Can’t wait for the next 3 days to pass!

3 Likes

I’m a little sad the multiplayer won’t accompany the early access release because it sounds like a ton of fun. Definitely seems feature complete enough to be respectable though.

1 Like

Aw! I was looking forward to that.

2 Likes

We could have had that. There was a kick starter. I donated. Where were you?

5 Likes

Same place you were :slight_smile:

I tried. I really tried!

2 Likes

Can’t let that gif go uncommented - top 5% memeing, right there @near_blind - magnificent. :slight_smile:

2 Likes