Coming across some Logitech G940 deals

I wish that Logitech would make a second attempt at the G940, it was such a good idea. Address the QC stuff and I think they’d have a winner.

At anyrate, have you considered CH Products before?

The Pros are the ability and ease of self repair, the insane durability, and the great accuracy of controls.

The Cons? You’re kind of SOL on profiles usually and have to set up everything yourself.

I use Combatstick, Pro Throttle, and Pedals and haven’t looked back.

So the HOTAS arrived. Thanks you guys for setting me up for the worst case scenario. You guys got me in the right mindset for this. The first thing was rubbing off the sticky oily rubber grip. Probably from staying 10 years inside some warehouse, the controls were super sticky. It got fun again when I realized I was looking at a restoration project, well, in PC hardware terms 10 years is a long time… So I tightened some of the rudder pot connectors, removed a screw from the throttle’s insides, and got ready to set it up: not an easy process. I’m nowhere near finished.

So then I started to try and configure it, and now I have even more to learn. So FF Trim does not work with the Hornet, and the trim hat is a mini-joystick, so now I have to learn how to reprogram it, for me to have two hats on the stick. I still have to understand centering force configurations and the dead zone mitigation, but all in all, it’s not that bad. It is definitely not an out of the box experience, a lot of tinkering required. But very promising future.

Hey @Aginor, can you point me in the right direction for some good overview on how to set this thing up? :slight_smile:

1 Like

For 95% of what you can do with it I would definitely recommend using the default profile in the Logitech software and set up the stick in DCSW.

There is a general settings menu somewhere in the Logitech software (sorry I cannot be more specific, I am 1000km away from my PC right now). You can adjust centering force and FFB strength there, and…something else I forgot.

There is a way to turn axes to buttons if need be, and to switch profiles. I use that in my A10C profile and the software has a few quirks but it works.

As for what to put on the stick where…
I don’t know yet, I have been using a very simple joystick on DCSW instead of my HOTAS because I have installed DCSW only on my notebook.

So sorry right now I fear I won’t be of much use right now.

2 Likes

I imagined so… I’m having a lot of fun with most of the default configurations. I guess the last firmware and software already managed to deal with most quirks.

So far I’m getting used to the centering mechanism and getting better at it. The gun missions are getting me more confortable with stick precision. It’s just so much to learn at the same time. New Joystick, FFB configurations, a new (and first sim level) plane. But it’s been a blast.

BTW, I’m using the hat for the trim for now, not FFB trim, but I Just landed on a carrier on my first attempt, so maybe the throttle inputs and trim are working alright. Never ever did aerial refuelling in DCS nor am I very good at formation flying but will make it my next training after I master these carrier landings.

Man, this is too much fun. Thank you all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes