Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations GOTY

I thought you said “if only I could use it in Italy”…my bad…never mind.

(This is what happens when I start posting before my first :coffee:

I’d still like to sail to Naples…Napoli!

2 Likes

Uh… uhm. What?

HAHAHHAHAHAH Now it makes sense! :laughing:

Luckily the games works just fine, I even started an AAR!
Now… if I could unlock the same Achievement as @BeachAV8R and have myself days that last 48 hours I’d be set!
:smile:

1 Like

This was awesome…

Steam summer sale

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve been thinking I should get some of the expansions for the added features for a while now. Guess it’s time to do so.

I have 60 hrs in this game. I resoundingly SUCK at it. But my god I love it. Its my go to game to calm myself and engage my brain. Love it.

1 Like

Yep, I have more hours than you but I get destroyed a lot. I got so frustrated with my lack of skill that I went out and purchased naval tactics and strategy books so I can try and understand how to fight these naval and air assets. When I feel like a grand scale, dramatic strategy game involving naval and air operations I go to this gem of a simulator every time. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Use missions and let the AI handle things. Real world there are a lot of professionals taking care of things you have to handle in the sim, so don’t be afraid to pause to issue orders and sort out what’s happening.

1 Like

Command: Modern Operations

Features

Revised user interface, based on dark theme and with lots of tweaks for improved gameplay
Completely re-written map engine, enabling fast and lag-free zoom & pan operations
New spectacular high-resolution map layers
Support for real-time Tacview 3D view (NOTE: separate purchase of Tacview Advanced edition required)
Numerous new UI & gameplay features such as hover-info databox, time-step mode, colored datablocks, minimaps, “recently loaded” scens/saves etc.
Massive boost in simulation performance/scalability
Automatic on-demand remote fetching of platform images (Players no longer need to manually download and install the database image packs)
Message Log 2.0: A radically improved message reporting system**
New game mode: Quick Battle Generator
New line-of-sight (LOS) tool

New ScenEdit feature: Merge scenarios

New sim features:

• Customizable aircraft formations
  • Terrain type affecting movement, vulnerability and detectability of ground forces
  • New cost-based pathfinder engine
  • Realistic sub comms
  • Patrols with customizable movement pattern
  • Vastly improved aircraft flight model
  • Improved dogfight AI
  • Aircraft crew G-tolerance
  • Radar frequency agility
  • Explicit Doppler-notching

Renewed emphasis on overall gameplay experience:

• Additional and expanded tutorials
  • Stylized map icons by default
  • The "Chains Of War” previously-exclusive features (cargo & amphib ops, aircraft damage, comms disruption and advanced weapon types) are now standard

Notes from Ian McNeil in the forum (The King is Back - Page 2 - Matrix Games Forums)
Just to answer some of the common questions

• All CMANO scenarios can be loaded in to CMO, so you will to play all your existing scenarios. The aim is to have CMO recognise your installed DLC for CMANO so all the content you already bought will just appear in CMO, assuming we can iron out all the technical wrinkles to make that happen!
  • All base game scenarios from CMANO are being updated to add support for new features and generally improve them in CMO.
  • CMO uses a new file format so while you can load up CMANO scenarios on CMO, you wont be able to take CMO scenarios back to CMANO.
  • There will be a significant incentive for players who want to upgrade from CMANO to CMO, so you will not be paying the full price if you already own CMANO. Details TBD.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/command-modern-operations

1 Like

This sounds amazing. I cant wait!

1 Like

Yeah… but… I bought CMANO last summer with Stam Summer Sales… :frowning: WTF.
I realise that

… but how will Steam Handle it.
Let’s hope for the best. :confused:

1 Like

Ok i may not of read this properly. This…might not be great. I’ve bought all the expansions and paid full price for the original game. We will have to wait and see about this as I thought it was just an update to cmano.

1 Like

I expect, this will also work for Steam - at the moment you also have the option to ‘complete your collection’ - but we will see.

1 Like

I’ll be waiting.
The new features DO look freaking sweet!

1 Like

They are sweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Conceded, they are. :wink:

Real-time Tac-View… hmmmm, that does sound very intriguing. Count me in.

1 Like

CMANO2 developers interview: Command: Modern Operations developers interview : Command: Modern Operations

3 Likes

A stunning read. Impressed.