Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations GOTY

Oh man… This will be mine!

How do I turn OFF the gods eye view in the tutorials? I can’t seem to launch any attacks while in ‘gods eye view’

I never had this problem before so I’m not actually sure if it’s a new bug that’s developed or its something I’ve done. But I’ve gone back to the tutorial sections to try and finish off the bits I missed and this has cropped up in them.

Has anyone else had any experience of this? It says on the hotkey page to push ctrl + v to turn gods eye on but doesn’t say anything about deactivating it. Plus I don’t actually know what it does when it is on other than stop you giving any orders except moves…

Hi,

If you have enabled the “Persistent map profile” feature, please disable it for a while. We found and fixed a problem related to this and the God’s Eye view, but because of the production schedule the next update will not be released until the end of next week.

Once you disable the persistent map profile, this problem should be resolved.

3 Likes

I’ll have a look and let you know. Thanks for the quick answer @Dimitris! I was fairly sure I had already played the tutorial I was getting the problem on last night so I thought it was possible it was a small bug or a glitch. That’s good to know. I’ll investigate and update on here if that solves it. Can’t wait to try the new dlc (hence the tutorial replays of the strike missions)

Scenario of Desert Storm, Part II: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4906&fbclid=IwAR2Adc8eQBOzczN7JJLXFbIq-_mQ0HNGMOhShlZ_GKOrlS_lAZxafMXzBWQ

1 Like

Feel the thunder! Command: Desert Storm is unleashed: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/797/details/Command.Desert.Storm

3 Likes

First scenario, Invasion, does a good job of setting the stage. I haven’t finished it yet but has a good pace and brings back a lot of memories.

3 Likes

Command Defcon-One Edition: A Steam-exclusive bundle at an unprecedented price: Welcome to Steam

1 Like

I know I gush about this game all the time but for all the content you get with it that’s a phenomenal deal.

I just wish I didn’t suck at it so much!

1 Like

God Da…

I am trying to avoid spending as much money on games lately, and here you go posting something like this! How am I supposed to be fiscally responsible when you do things like this?!

4 Likes

I said I’d get it…

Now, if only I could use Italy… :wink:

3 Likes

You made a great decision! I’ve put so many hours into this and still not scratched the surface.

Plus it’s given me an appreciation of naval warfare that I never really had before. So that’s opened up another whole avenue of reading for me (SUBMARINES ARE COOL! Who knew?)

Take your time with it and you’ll have a blast!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there are Italian Tornadoes in at least one of the DS scenarios.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Thank you! But it’s a tongue-in-cheek reference to an After Action Report I made with Hearts of Iron- where I tried to conquer World War 2 Europe with italy! :smiley:

I wasn’t serious. :wink:

But thank you so much for the report! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve played the first scenario and about half of the second. Enjoyed both, especially the variety available. I had a friendly fire incident which was really interesting to see. In CMANO you get fairly omniscient views of your forces, having additional troops moving in the desert and “re-discovering” them was pretty cool.

It’s been a cool departure from modern stuff with all BVR hotness to an era where a Sparrow is the hotness.

1 Like

Fun fact: The AIM-7F/M actually had better kinematic range than the AIM-120A/B (though it needed a very powerful illuminator, like the AWG-9 or APG-63, to exploit this in practice). Only with the AIM-120C-3 and later mods did the AMRAAM exceed its range.

An “Active Sparrow” (like the aborted “Active Skyflash” that BAE developed but never fielded) would have been an awesome weapon for about two decades.

1 Like

Sorry for the dumb questions but is CMANO the base game and all the other products add-ons? Or is each its own playable purchase?

(Don’t answe that! Got it. CMANO is the base, the rest are DLC. Still not sure how the “Live” products differ from the other content but given the lower price, I am guessing that they are smaller scenarios. )

1 Like

Not dumb at all!

CMANO’s DLCs are broken down into two types:

1. Standalone (or “full pack”) DLCs. These are similar to the old Harpoon “battlesets”, typically they revolve around a single theater/campaign (Northern Inferno, Chains Of War, Shifting Sands, Desert Storm) or around a specific armed branch (The Silent Service). You don’t have to have the base CMANO game to play those. Their (relatively) low price makes them an attractive “gateway” into the CMANOverse.

2. Command-LIVE DLCs: These are single scenarios (or two of them in the case “You Brexit You Fix It”), and to play those you do need to have the base CMANO game installed (so they are more traditional “slave” DLCs). They are often based on current worldwide military hotspots; someone once described the C-LIVE series as “the Bloomberg Terminal of military/geopolitical crises”, and it’s an interesting view.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Indeed it does. Given how bad my online flight sim experiences have been recently I might have to dive deep into something totally different. I must have put 500 plus hours into Harpoon 3 way back when so I could easily see how this could suck one in.

1 Like

There’s Steam Workshop integration built in to the full version too. Some of the scenarios are really amazing.

My goto list is :

Under African Skies
Team Yankee
Brother vs. Brother
Hit Hard, Hit Fast

3 Likes