Concorde X on FSX:Steam!

Version 1.3 of Flight Sim Labs’ Concorde X was released last week, which installs the module to FSX:Steam Edition

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6393-concorde-x-v13-now-available-for-fsx-and-p3d/

Flight Sim Labs, Ltd. releases Concorde-X v1.3 for FSX and P3D

Flight Sim Labs, Ltd. (FSLabs) is pleased to announce the release of Concorde-X v1.3 for FSX and P3D.

Packed with a variety of improvements and fixes for issues found over its existence in the Flight Simulator Market, the new v1.3 is now compatible for the first time with Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D, as well as the Steam edition of Flight Simulator X.

There is, of course, a hiccup with the process - when you buy an FSL product, you do not get free updates for life with it. By default, you only get to download updates (or redownload of your initial purchase) for 30 days after the sale. After that, no more download links.

To extend that duration, you have to buy one year of “download protection” (currently selling for $4.99 USD). You can re-purchase this “download protection” again at any time to get any of the latest updates, so you never have to buy the FULL product again, but it’s a bit sour after being used to every single other product I’ve ever purchased offering free updates 4 eva. shrug

Anyways, there’s a bug with folks trying to get the new installer via their purchased “download protection” - the link only goes to the old installer, so I’m patiently waiting until they get it fixed and I can take Speedbird Mudspike for a spin in bug-free FSX:SE.

Now I have to see how to transfer my other add-ons (Rex, Active Sky, FSUIPC, Orbx) to FSX:SE…