confused about the new IL2 series

It should work though, I beta test, and they have all the latest joysticks. Steam, never heard of a joystick not working with steam. Especially that 3D stick but hey they are only $19.00 my favorite go to stick, before I started using hall sensors was that Saitek USB Gold. loved that stick.

Thx again, but as posted 4 post up… fixed, was a steam issue fearlessfrog pointed me to the right fix.

umm. what fearless posted was a windows fix, steam had nothing to do with that.

how long we going to drag this out, lol… it was a setting in steam that fixed it, call it what you want… my argument was that it shouldn’t take 4 days and research to get a game working.

Fixed, now to play with my sub-par, non elitists equipment.
:grinning:

1 Like

‘non elitist’? you guys should take this hoby more seriously :grin: :wink:

I am looking forward to @Magnum50 trying to get his DCS on lol.

Yep, a Steam controller bug, not really really related to IL-2 or the cost of the equipment. IL-2 could do something a bit different in enumerating beyond the default controller, but it’s pretty much a Valve whoopsie.

1 Like

back on topic :slight_smile:

from where are you buying? if you buy from Steam:

Note: On Steam, customers must first purchase Battle of Stalingrad if they wish to purchase Battle of Moscow and/or Battle of Kuban.

If you buy directly from il2 sturmovik page, you can buy first whatever you like:

For SP there are stock campaigns for each game and for Stalingrad and Moscow there are also historical campaigns available as DLCs.

1 Like

Wait, that fix was for Steam Big Picture gaming aka playing a PC game on a TV set.

You can hardly complain about a PC having difficulty if you’re trying to use it like a console…

As for Il-2, I got it long before it came out on Steam, so I do everything direct. Steam updates faster, but it takes longer for the updates to get there I think. I’m fine with not using Steam for it.
Also, I believe Valve takes a good bite out of the price for themselves, so more of your money goes to the devs direct compared to via Steam.

1 Like

actually wasn’t using it on a TV, don’t use it in big picture mode… use it like I’ve been using Steam for what 12+ years now… but it still fixed it, then moved it back to regular mode.

I think it’s an old Steam Link bug. Do you have one of those?

About 30% unless you have a legacy deal. Mind you, if you think that sounds bad, a Nintendo or Microsoft Retail deal would be about a 65% cut, so there are worse options to get your stuff sold in a big market. :money_mouth_face:

Wow, that’s really bizarre if Steam itself was involved in that. I’ve never experienced that with any of my controllers in any games on Steam, but the newest one I have is my Logi G940 HOTAS which IIRC I bought in Dec 2009.