DCS 1.5.4 update in stable release

Just don’t take the MiG-21 into the Southern Hemisphere…the ball will move the opposite way…

1 Like

So, I’m practicing the method of touchdown here:

Works decently enough!

7 Likes

LOL…cool… Next, time to mount the SPRD facing forward too…!

1 Like

Is credible comrade! Da?

here’s a 2 hour long vid showcasing mission 10 of the campaign

29 posts were split to a new topic: Snake eyes delivery in DCS: M2000C

I means the “Oculus Zoom Function” was added, and it can be found under the “UI Layer” Section in the Control Settings menu.

My utility doesnt load/unload JSGME addons… or maybe I misread that line?

Probably my confusing prose. What I meant was that prior to an upgrade I run JSGME and disable all add-ons. Then proceed with an update, which loads DCS when finished. I have to shut down DCS and enable the JSGME add-ons again. Using your utility saves me a step.

The VR Zoom is quite useful. It is a Zoom function that is only active while the assigned button is depressed. Great for a quick zoom in on a panel, or area on the ground, then just release to zoom back out to normal view. Great for reading labels in the A10 cockpit.

1 Like

New update for

##DCS 1.5.4.57013 Update 6##

Updated missions in the A-10C Operation Piercing Fury and the Museum Relic campaigns.

###DCS World

• MP. Improved MP extrapolator
  • Fixed GUI error when choosing a place in the supply list
  • Decreased the surveillance range of artillery for the FPS stutter preventing
  • The sound of explosions will be play after mission restart
  • MP. All notifications on server will be allowed in order for user scripts to get stats, even if the client does not allow it
  • Export API. Provide a way to get own unit type even when allow_ownship_export is turned off in MP server settings
  • Decreased point rate of Armed House from 100 to 10.
  • Input. Joysticks Thrustmaster HOTAS, XBox 360, Cobra will not getting stuck with axes movement
  • F10 map. Mouse click point will be in correct place when using multiple viewports/monitors is rendered on left screen

###DCS FC3

• Fixed Su-33 Heavy Sky Campaign spawn location issues on the deck

###DCS MiG-21Bis by Leatherneck Simulations

• Updates forgotten for update 5 now included in update 6.
  • RSBN lateral deviation in DESCEND (PROBIVANIE) mode is now displayed.
  • RSBN and ARK sounds can now play simultaneously if selected.
  • Fixed pressurized/depressurized sounds when canopy is jettisoned.
  • Added collision modeling for drop tanks.

###DCS M-2000 by RAZBAM

• RWR Missile Launch Warning enabled
  • RWR “library” updated
  • RWR coding upgraded, now it uses three letters code instead of 2.
  • Radar ranging (TAS) upgraded.
  • Guns & rockets gunsight upgraded.
  • CCIP with TAS bug fixed.
  • Flight plan waypoint display in VTB upgraded.
  • INS ΔAlt input in feet fixed.

###DCS Bf 109 K-4

• Wing slat will be animated
  • Added 2 dogfight skin

###DCS Ka-50

• Parking hot start from carrier - landing gear lever will be in correct position

###DCS Fw 190 D-9

• HOTAS flaps assignment corrected and will be works

###DCS UH-1H

• Trimmer mode option added

###DCS L-39

• Corrected IAS indication in the rain conditions
1 Like

Do we get to properly see other ship’s alpha now? Getting gunned because someone’s nose appears 20 degrees lower than reality is getting annoying.

finally TAS stopped shacking on the mirage 2000 :stuck_out_tongue:

1.5.4 broke the two refueling training missions that I had made. Funny, because they work fine if I launch them out of the Mission Editor (ME). But try to run them normally from Missions and the sim hangs immediately. Not a big deal IMO. First time an update broke a mission that I had made.

Good to know.

Note from Zeus:

Folks, it pains me to say this but in this update TAS is bugged. It is not working.

It seems that ED implemented the radar ground ranging solution but it was not working in our development versions. So TAS is using the old method that now is invalid.

Fortunately this means that the stuttering that 2.0.x users where having when using AA radar should disappear.

But for now it means that all AG solutions should use RS until next update.

Guns and rockets gunsight is working as intended, but for accurate readings you need to use the RS option.

2 Likes

As frustrating as it is to hear that something’s not working, I’m pleased to see that we’re hearing from the devs quickly and clearly what they think is wrong and why. This sort of transparency needs to be acknowledged and rewarded.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hell yeah @Bogusheadbox! Normally I try to get home on Friday afternoons before mom and the kids, pour a bourbon on the rocks, plug in, and knock out some blues licks. But today, there is a Trader Joes right next to my client. Going to do some AAR :smiley:

1 Like

Best advice I can give is always remember you’re flying formation with the tanker, not the boom.

1 Like

DCS: World 1.5.4 Update 7

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2914590&postcount=37

[quote]Added support of A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification campaign by Maple Flag

DCS World.
Improved net extrapolator
Removed the scale that was displayed in the Campaign window

Separate FC-3 module Su-27
Position indicator (ИП-52) corrected

L-39
Fixed the incorrect liveries on LODs

DCS C-101 by AvioDev
Remodel Magnetic Compass
Coded many gauges and systems of rear cocpit, 80% completed
Added Adjustement pedals Front rear cockpit (model and system)[/quote]