DCS 1.5 Ground Terrain Mods Comparison

Great set of DCS ground mod comparison videos found here: Ground Terrain Mods - Which is best? - Utility/Program Mods for DCS World - ED Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dom3zBX0Y8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVBI8wAYUos

4 Likes

@fearlessfrog

You got me so confused with this one lol.

TBH im using the barthek GTM but i got to say that mustang has got best looking fields in my opinion and starway got the best looking mountains :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think Bartek is doing an update out quite soon to tone down the green a little, so really it’s a moving target :slight_smile:

I do like Mustang’s v1.2 though.

1 Like

I’m running Vanilla but have to say that Mustang’s work has always amazed me. I recall he had some work done on clouds as well at one point
 I take it that’s a separate mod. If I use anything, it’ll be straight to Mustang.

6 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike @ENO! :mudspike:

1 Like

Thanks Fearless! Long time no see. LONG LONG!

Hoping to reconnect with a few of the old “crew” (including crew!)

3 Likes

Welcome @ENO - great to see you! Hope life’s been treating you good

1 Like

I’ve been using Starway’s, but must say that Mustang’s are compelling. Thank goodness for JSGME.

2 Likes

thing is if u google and see georgia is really green 
 but ya i guess the tone has to be reduced on bartheks GTM :slight_smile:

I think there should be a ‘suggested best’ for Mudpsike’s fly ins.
Otherwise stuff like “hey check the enemy tank one click west of a white house- near the corner of thay green field.”

“You mean the one in the middle of that brownish patch of dirt?”

“WTF? The GREEN FIELD”

Military grade hilarity ensues

5 Likes

I think more of it as a hyper intelligent version of the colour purple

4 Likes

Isn’t Caucasus supposed to be one of the greenest places in the northern hemisphere?

2 Likes

Thank you for this thread. I haven’t really flown DCS that much, as I’m an easy mode n00b.

I’m looking to get back into DCS, still in easy mode, but it didn’t occur to me to look for mods like this. It will give me an opportunity to sightsee while I float down to the ground after getting shot down.

2 Likes