DCS 2.5/2.7 Update Thread (2021)

A2A TACAN is broken for all modules right now. You get direction to the tanker but no ranging

3 Likes

The Community A4 has a new version released today on GitHub. I’m excited to try it out tomorrow.

Until, one day, we get the A-6, the A-4 has to scratch that itch.

4 Likes

Ah, ha! I thought I was going nuts!

On the subject of the symbology in in general, for the Hornet anyway: for a long time I’ve had issues with the Hornet MFD in HSI mode - the sequence lines won’t show up unless I ‘fiddle’ with it. And sometimes the TACAN won’t either. I fix them by pressing the respective buttons (on/off) til I find the combo that gets it back again. All in the Hornet and only tested on Syria and NTTR.

As I wrote somewhere else here, I tried it and wow!
You can definitely feel it’s a small aircraft!
Only thing I don’t like is the lack of NWS*, how did such a thing worked with an embarked plane?

Have to find the time to try out the weapons.

Ah, the manual is included as a knee board but it’s a bit technical and doesn’t report the actual keyboard binding.

*apparently the plane was really like that.

1 Like

I worked with a dude that flew both the A4 and F8 (yeah, I’m old). I recall an evening in his den decades ago, after lubricating him with some adult beverage, the subject of roll-rate came up (I was just as big a geek back then). Raising his eyebrow’s, “oh yeah, they will hurt ya [rolling hard]”. I had no frame of reference til I took the above Forever Free Aircraft Mod out for my first spin!

7 Likes

From what I’ve heard from old handlers, lots of planning and thinking ahead by the yellow shirts, and a good bit of helping by pushing on noses here and there.

5 Likes

Hehe yeah, makes sense.

2 Likes

Didn’t the handlers have some kind of nose wheel bar that they attached so they could steer the Skyhawks after trapping? I seem to recall old video footage of that but can’t find it.

2 Likes

Yeah, right after this dude lands at 6:08

6 Likes

Man the way that thing castored right after the trap ooof.

1 Like