DCS 2.5 Freezing at 85%

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/stable/

Don’t know why it stopped working but the game won’t load past 85% now.
When I login with my username and PW and the game freezes at 85%. I opened my account to see if there were any problems with the purchases and there are no notes or anything saying the modules I purchased and those that have been gifted to me have been disabled. I waited thirty minutes for the game to load more than once so me being in a hurry is not the problem.

When i just login it tells me that all my purchased modules will not be enabled but it will load the game. None of the purchased aircraft or terrains are active as warned though.

Wheels

Maybe check the log? That’s all I can think of.

/DCS/Logs/dcs.log

Not finding that folder or log file.

Wheels

What about:

C:\Users\yournamehere\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

2018-12-10 02:44:23.981 ERROR EDCORE: LoadLibrary failed for ./CoreMods/services/CaptoGlove/bin/edCaptoGlove.dll: (126) The specified module could not be found.

2018-12-10 02:44:23.982 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to load ./CoreMods/services/CaptoGlove/bin/edCaptoGlove.dll: The specified module could not be found.

2018-12-10 02:45:16.952 INFO UIBASERENDERER: Cannot load font [D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\dxgui\skins\fonts]!

No clue what they mean and searching the ED forums didn’t help.

Wheels

:thinking: Well, the first two look to be related - take a look in /CoreMods/services/CaptoGlove/bin/ for the file edCaptoGlove.dll. According to the errors, it is not there.

…and it seems not to be able to load some ED fonts…that are in a DCS World sub directory.

Have yo tried purging and reloading DCS World?

1 Like

I feel stupid asking this, but have you tried running a repair?

1 Like

Echoing what the above posters said, Based on that snippet it looks like it’s not finding code for VR CaptoGlove support that got added a patch or two back.

I would run a repair on DCS. You can do this by either going to “D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin” (assuming this is where your DCS is installed), opening a command prompt, and typing

dcs_updater.exe repair

or by using Skatezilla’s whiz bang tool

2 Likes

Nothing stupid about the question.
I finally found and ran the repair tool twice after my last post and it still isn’t loading past 85%.
repair_00

Wheels

Same error?

Look the same to me.

2018-12-11 00:34:57.883 ERROR EDCORE: LoadLibrary failed for ./CoreMods/services/CaptoGlove/bin/edCaptoGlove.dll: (126) The specified module could not be found.

2018-12-11 00:34:57.883 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Failed to load ./CoreMods/services/CaptoGlove/bin/edCaptoGlove.dll: The specified module could not be found.

2018-12-11 00:36:09.879 INFO UIBASERENDERER: Cannot load font [D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\dxgui\skins\fonts]!

Wheels

So first step would be to go your DCS install and ensure that there is a services/CaptoGlove/bin folder with stuff in it

The game shouldn’t be having a problem finding it.

CoreMods\services\CaptoGlove\bin\edCaptoGlove.dll

Wheels

Latest update fixed the problem, for now…

To get reasonable download speeds for the update I had to use the http option. The torrent had taken over 19 hours and was just barely half done. I stopped the update and waited a couple of days to see if the torrent would give me reasonable download speeds and that didn’t help either. The http process took less than 90 minutes to download and install and everything started to work again.

Wheels

2 Likes