DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2018)

A piper weeps… After today’s update I can no longer play the PG map. Quick mission/mission editor, all crash now. The C map stills works. Must be my meager laptop, but before was getting 60fps in PG map.
sigh

1 Like

You are not alone Piper. I have the same issue.

Cool, if it’s just not me, maybe there’s a fix

1 Like

Yup, PG map causes a crash here, too.

1 Like

Curious if a hotfix will be made, or copy paste into stable next week. Tune in Friday to find out!

1 Like

Odd… I did a repair. No idea if that did anything but now VR is quite playable again on this weeks’ open beta. that + overwing vapors + unfrakked -9Xs means its tangible progress imo.

3 Likes

Looks like there are a few people who are having this issue on the ED forums and ED has asked for crash logs to be able to assist.

Glad I had not yet gone for the update then!

Indeed odd for 8x to get yanked. Yet it mentions the ME not DCS W. Is that an error? I don’t recall MSAA being a mission-level setting…

Perhaps the performance hit is too great and the visual improvement too small? Or it was bugged so they pulled it while they tweak it?

Will check with my 2.5.2 beta version when I get a chance this weekend. I’ve been flying with 4x usually anyway, but…

Ironically, I found out about this effect while looking for the new mission editor label settings, I still haven’t found them.

There have been more reports of improved performance on the official forums. Strange that it would not be listed in the release notes (or I didn’t see them). Looking forward to checking myself when I get a chance. Perhaps my measly 970 will gain some new legs with VR.

I also like idea of the “dot” label, at least in concept. Full labels did more harm than good on the ground for me, as they obscured the pixel that I needed to perfectly target. Can not WAIT for higher res VR and a better distance view.

1 Like

+1!!!

For those of us who can’t play the PG map:

NineLine posted on the DCS forum that a DCS team member is experiencing the same issue.
So, hopefully will be resolved soon.

3 Likes

It also affects the Nevada map as well; it crashes if you try to load it.

outrage

Sorry…still working through my backlog of 30 days worth of posts while I was on vacation…LOL…

2 Likes

Looks like they fixed the god awful ship wakes. Looks MUCH better now. In addition to that I noticed changes to wingtipContrail and groundExplosion lua files. Not exactly sure what changed there yet.

ED really needs to do a better job on the change logs.

So we can actually see them now? That always bugged me.

They’re actually less visible at a distance now, but it got rid of the anti-aliasing artifact that caused them the shimmer terribly.

1 Like

2.5.3.21107 Open Beta hotfix

Mi-8MTV2 and Ka-50: Memory of Hero campaign added

• VR glitch with modal windows fixed
  • Unit icons on F10 view fixed for multimonitor configurations (note: second screen doesn’t cleared after switching to F10 view)

Mission Editor

• GUI Error when try to load some static templates fixed
  • GUI Error when selecting a group of units after loading a template fixed
1 Like

why is my bloody sim not updating and asking for activations all of a sudden?! :confused:

impatient schurem is impatient. doing pushups in penance now. sim is updating.

4 Likes

no update available for me at the mo