DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2019)

I had a MOD to change aircraft type. I will look on the computer to see if I still have it and let you know

No cookies for you, its a crane, the Su-27!

2 Likes

I stand corrected :joy: said the man in the orthopedic shoes!

2 Likes

For anyone experiencing a CTD on loading a multi-player server, and you have 16Gb of RAM, try setting a fixed page file of 32768. It worked for me. I think 32Gb may just be the new minimum requirement now, and itā€™s probably time for us 16Gb RAMers to upgrade.

1 Like

ā€¦similar crash problemā€¦except DCS doesnā€™t crash, the Viggen Iā€™m flying doesā€¦mostly approach turn stallsā€¦probably not a bug. :wink:

9 Likes

DCS 2.5.4.28615 Open Beta Hotfix

• F/A-18C. The TDC will be always displayed as priority and ā€œoverā€ other symbols on the SA page.
  • F/A-18C. AGM-65 and AGM-88 donā€™t disappear from stations 2 & 8 after fired fixed.
  • A-10A. Added A-10A ā€˜The Valleyā€™ campaign mission update by Wags.
  • Input axis binding causes UI ā€œfreezeā€ and Lua error in dcs.log fixed.
  • MP. Increased timeouts to 10 minutes.

DCS F-14 Tomcat

• Model will not intersect with blast deflector on CVN-70 deck.
  • Add keybinds for nose strut kneel & extend
  • Disable Persian Gulf Tour & Dance of the Vampires missions temporarily
  • Potential fix for Page 3 (datalink) kneeboard CTD
  • Basic force feedback support
  • Corrected high-G damage model. Aircraft will now properly disintegrate at excess G.
  • Jester Menu multimonitor fixed (now centred)
  • Implemented extra VDI pitch ladder display modes
  • Added LANTIRN section to PDF manual

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3845690&postcount=49

DCS F-14 Changelog (will be edited into the forum post!)

Add keybinds for nose strut kneel & extend

Disable Persian Gulf Tour & Dance of the Vampires missions temporarily

Potential fix for Page 3 (datalink) kneeboard CTD

Basic force feedback support

Corrected high-G damage model. Aircraft will now always disintegrate properly at excess G.

Jester Menu multimonitor fix (now centred)

Implemented extra VDI pitch ladder display modes

Added LANTIRN section to PDF manual

The next hotfix patch will contain RAM usage fixes that weā€™ve been working on over the weekend as well as bunch of other QoL stuff. We had hoped to have these in the first hotfix but this build was compiled on Friday. - Cobra8472

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/b2iyxp/dcs_open_beta_hotfix_25428615/eisvsmf

8 Likes

Our map team continues to go above and beyond by adding new content to the Persian Gulf map. With the new additions, the Persian Gulf map will be the largest map in DCS World (as measured as distance between airfields) and have the most airfields.

Coming to the Persian Gulf Map:

• Liwa airfield
  • Ras Al Khaimah airfield
  • Bam
  • Persepolis

These additions will be coming in an upcoming map update.

15 Likes

Finally, the Palace of Artaxerxes I in DCS Worldā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cool we are still getting updates to that map.

5 Likes

FYI the hotfix has greatly improved loading times and reduced stutters with the F-14.

6 Likes

Great! As it stands PG feelsā€¦ā€œclumpedā€? There are vast areas with nothing that tend to keep mission makers focused on the same areas near cities and ports.

Not to say those empty areas canā€™t be used well, just that so far Iā€™ve seen few missions doing so.

1 Like

Itā€™s worthy of remaking Generation Kill - you can be part of all the mis-targeted air strikes. Including the ā€œairfield assaultā€ where you either play as A-10s and drop bombs in the middle of the desert at night, or as the top flying F/A-18s that try to tell the Hogā€™s thereā€™s nothing down there. The whole time some Marine on the ground is trying to tell you thereā€™s a hundred and forty T-72s about to overrun them, when itā€™s really autokinesis - and a town, nearly 3 times further away than where you are looking.

4 Likes

I laughed at that part of the series way harder than I should have. Book is in my Kindle cart now.

1 Like

Great moment for sure!

My question is - did they even ever, at any point have a 140ish T-72s?? And how did nobody during the day see this force amassingā€¦T-72s arenā€™t incredibly fast.

Nobody questioned any of that, which is what I found funny.

I enjoyed the book immensely and have watched the series countless times. Happy reading :woman_teacher:

1 Like

I assume Iraqi T-72s and Gulf War 2ā€¦yeahā€¦total numbers in a few RG divisions they probably had that many tanksā€¦as far as nobody questioning something like thatā€¦ehā€¦Iā€™ve found that folks are much more likely to believe what they think they see, or somebody else thinks they see, and just figure that ā€œintel has screwed up againā€ā€¦(shrug)

ā€œOne bullet awayā€ from the Lieutenant? or ā€œGeneration Killā€ from the Journalist?

The journalists one. Never knew about the other one

1 Like

TOTALLY worth it.
And it does give you a waaay deeper insight on how messed up some things can be in the military.
Much better than the TV Series.

1 Like

Is there a Open Beta Update today?

Wasnā€™t there one a few das ago? Or was that a mini-updateā€¦an ā€œupdate liteā€? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes