DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2019)

Hahaha…Yea,We get so many now[Thank You] it’s hard to keep up…I Thought it was a Hotfix …but I could be wrong,I thought The Hornet was in for a major IFF update this week?

I did see the Hornet IFF from @NineLine (I think)

About that IFF stuff. That is all pretty much MP, isn’t it?

Next week

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3834970&postcount=143

1 Like

For the next OB update the focus will be on:

1- HARM Pre-Briefed mode
2- JDAM

I may have to set aside my Migs for a while and check out my Hornet! :thinking:

…LOL…like that will ever happen…let’s not get too crazy here. :rofl:

Seriously, sounds like a sweet upgrade. :slightly_smiling_face:

ED Miles update and Crash Reporting Tool details

DCS World ED Miles Update

After reading your feedback from our earlier announcement of the upcoming ED Miles loyalty program, we have modified our plans to better support our clients with Bonus Program points. Rather than have Bonus Program points expire at the launch of the ED Miles, we will allow Bonus Program points to expire one year from their earning or until March 31st, 2020, whichever comes first. This will allow all clients to use their Bonus Program points for up to one year since the points were earned. Additionally, you can get up to 30% off DCS World e-Shop purchases using your Bonus Points during the week before the launch of ED Miles. This will include all developers taking part in the Bonus Program.

Crash Reporting Tool

As some of you may have experienced already, we have added a function to the core of DCS World to submit information directly the Eagle Dynamics Team. When a crash occurs in DCS World, a window will pop up, and allow you to send the required logs and associated files to the team, as well as a message describing the issue.

Why should you take part? This is a great way to add another layer of support to DCS World in order to catch and fix major blocking issues, especially those that take part in Open Beta Testing. DCS World will recognize that a crash has occurred, and collect the required files and logs needed for the ED Team to identify and fix the issue. These files can be logs, tracks and crash files.

What do I need to do to use this feature? In the unfortunate event that you do experience a crash, DCS World will collect all the files on its own, in the window that pops up, you will see a comment box. To the best of your knowledge, try to describe, or give steps to repeat the crash you experienced, if you are using any modifications (ranging from custom aircraft to a simple LUA edit). Once you have fully described the issue you experienced, just hit submit. That’s it. No collecting the files yourself, posting on the forums, etc.

What is ED collecting from me? You can see for yourself what you are sending to ED, by clicking on the “Open in Explorer” you will see the files being submitted to us.

After submitting, what is next? For you, really nothing. If you want to open a support ticket or a forum thread about the issue, you can, but it shouldn’t be needed. For us, we will examine everything given, and try to decide what the best course of action is for DCS World, whether it’s a hotfix or information about other issues, such as a bad modification.

While this isn’t as exciting as a new aircraft, or new gameplay feature, it’s a very important and powerful tool to make sure that DCS World remains as stable and playable as possible. Being able to act on major issues as those reported by this feature, make the turnaround time for an action to fix major issues much less. For those of you that take the time to report and provide information on DCS World, we appreciate all that you do to try and help make DCS World better. We hope that a feature like this helps you help DCS World grow and improve going forward.

Patch Updates
Currently, the plan is to release a Hotfix today (March 22nd), Open Beta update on March 27th and Stable Release April 3rd. We will let you know if this changes further, thanks all for your patience!

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

5 Likes

DCS 2.5.4.28841 Open Beta

DCS World

• ME. Triggers. Added new field to message action with delay message in seconds.
  • Fixed a crash where leaving manned aircraft for AI control with scheduled two identical failures caused them to clash.
  • Fixed crash when player ejected in the middle of refueling procedure.
  • Dedicated server. Log update now checks if lifecycle is enabled.
  • Dedicated server. File selector: ‘Saved Games’ topmost folder. Only show relative path from it.

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

• Tpod Point track issue Fixed
  • ASL line behavior fixed
  • Fuel Probe Model Changed
  • Training Missions Updated

DCS MIG-19 by RAZBAM

• Added the following keybinds:
  • Milpower and AB throttle buttons
  • Canopy open and Canopy close discrete commands
  • Landing gear lever lock on, off, on/off commands
  • Landing gear lever neutral command
  • RV-5 Radalt commands for each option
  • Rocket salvo mode command for each option
  • ASP-5 sight aiming mode command for each option
  • Bomb release mode command for each option
  • ASP-5 sight operation mode command for each option
  • parachute deploy cover open and close
  • cockpit temp selections
  • emergency brake on and off
  • nose gear brake on and off
  • agi-1 cage and uncage
  • ark 5 far/ndb band select
  • ark 5 near band select
  • ark5 function select
  • ark5 receive mode
  • ark5 near/far select
  • main battery
  • bomb arm
  • asp5 sight cage
  • rp5 radar telemetry
  • Fixed Polish Skin
  • Increased Cockpit Brightness
  • Fixed Gun Arming button animation
  • Instrument Textures Updated
  • Adjusted Rocket pods (ORO-57K) coordinates

DCS F/A-18C Hornet

• Corrected heading values on radar page.
  • F/A-18C missions: added HARM instant action mission, added more threats, added Hornet Nevada mission, updated sound trigger, updated SAMs, added waypoints, Added Hornet low alt recce mission for Normandy map, added new Hornet instant action caucasus mission, added voice-overs. Added French, Korean and Russian localization. Updated for datalink. The big part of Instant Action missions relocated to the Single missions.
  • SA page with large number of threats will not causes significant FPS hit.
  • Add TDC track.
  • Hostile identification on SA fixed (WIP).
  • INS alignment procedure fixed (WIP).
  • DCS MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC
  • Fixed flight model not reacting to damage values.

DCS F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• Prevent “Iceman” from using throttle on the ground.
  • Prevent NTDS datalink and CAINS on Kuznetsov carrier.
  • Reduce engine thrust at extreme altitudes.
  • Change sidewinder HUD movable reticle to show only center of scan pattern.
  • New sidewinder lock tone based on SME feedback.
  • Add Jester option to explicitly select some weapon station combinations.
  • Added tape player volume controls.
  • Significantly reduced F-14 RAM usage.
  • Significantly reduced Disk IO & CPU usage at mission start.
  • Reduced loading times.
  • Fixed JESTER being silent at mission start.
  • Rename input category HCU to Hand Control Unit for consistency.
  • Add keybinds for speedbrake toggle, hook toggle, parking brake, emergency jettison, anti-skid spoiler brake.

DCS Campaigns
TEW 3.0 by Baltic Dragon

Mission 13: Updated positions of some enemy units to decrease difficulty a little. Fixed occasional bug with allied helos not landing on the roof - now they will land beside the main building.
M-2000C Red Flag by Baltic Dragon
Mission 06: Updated F-14 model and loadout. Reduced skill of Aggressor Phantoms.
Mission 11: Updated triggers for Hawg flights - they should RTB when task is complete. If AI flights crash after mission complete it won’t affect the score.

Known issues:
DCS crashes during AV-8B scripted autostart procedure

4 Likes

Yes! Now I can forget to lock the gear and run out of brake pneumatics just like the Mig-21! My running off the end of the runways will skyrocket! :grin: (Seriously, good fix!)

…but lets face it…you had me at ARK5…

…with these Mig-19 changes, I might just buy the HB Tomcat so that I have something good looking to shot down! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Much smoother gameplay now since the update but…
Crash after a minute of the F14 BVR mission and then the Hormuz rocket run has my in range que, the disappearing diamond wont go away. It stays all the way to the ground :frowning:

1 Like

I’m getting frequent CTD’s with the Tomcat after the latest update. Looks like Heatblur is already aware of the issue and looking into.

3 Likes

Tried the new harrier AUTO bomb steering line, definitely works now. It still has some strange GCAS activity and betty sounds glitch quite a bit. Needs a little more ironing out I guess.

2 Likes

Just to verify…I updated today - and it says I am on Version 2.5.4.28840…this post is for 2.5.4.28841 …so the update I got today was a Hot Fix - so full update to “41” coming on 27 March? :grinning:

I haven’t had a crash yet, but the command to roll-back this release to the one on Monday is this:

(DCS Install directory)/bin/DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.4.28615@openbeta

Thanks, It appears the crashes are happening during combat- firing missiles and ordering Jester around. I’m not exactly sure what is triggering it yet.

I just flew around the boat several times doing landing practice and no crash…

I think it’s Jester’s voice calls that might be causing it. I got a stutter and then a crash right as Jester was about to call something out on the radar.

1 Like

This made me chuckle.

Me too…thinking “Man! We are never going to get airborne if Iceman doesn’t take it out of idle.”

I’ve had a bunch of game crashes in the F-14 as well. Instant CTDs, not the hang with a crash report that is more common in DCS. Each was during a different phase of flight. One was in combat. All were in active radar environments. Could be Jester I suppose.

Cobra has acknowledged this and it is fixed internally. He said to disable Jester through the menu to avoid them.

“Cobra”…the arch villains of the GI Joes? (confused) :wink:

3 Likes

Here is the post @Gunnyhighway is referring to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/b49208/quick_psa_f14_ctds/

We’re aware of some frequent crashing with the latest Hotfix. We’re investigating and hope to know why it is happening ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are frustrated at a bug of this severity being shipped, but currently have no idea where it originated from.

EDIT: We’ve now found the cause for this issue and made a fix. Sorry everyone! We hope we can hotfix this before Wednesday- but it will depend on ED.

For a temporary “fix” - ask JESTER to be quiet using A->A->8->1. This should inhibit all crashing; but your RIO will be mute.

2 Likes