DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

There were definitively some ‘imperfect’ moments in that video. @ED, we are watching ! :wink:

1 Like

I thought that these two sequences were really good.

10 Likes

Read my mind!

Can’t wait to re-create them when the birds become available.

1 Like

No patch this week, Есть проблемы.
That means ‘there’s problems’.

3 Likes

Yea 2.5.6 looks like a major update patch,I rather they test it out thoroughly instead of release and breaking modules.

1 Like

Forget the game or what features we may hope to soon see. This video just feels great. It does not in any way reflect my typical DCS experience. That’s ok. We can dream. The “Zombie” cover is also great.

10 Likes

Yeah, Glowing Amraam is an artist!

4 Likes

New Channel and P-47 pics up

10 Likes

Those pictures look so good, you could express it by taking the “Flap Warning” text from that cockpit and just remove the “L”.

10 Likes

2 Likes

Ka-50 free cockpit update
Development report #13

Over the last few weeks, we have been hard at work preparing the next big update to DCS World: version 2.5.6. This update will bring a number of highly anticipated things one of which we can share with you now;

• The DCS: Black Shark 2, Ka-50 free cockpit update. This is a completely rebuilt Ka-50 cockpit with new, high-resolution geometry and textures. It will also take advantage of new lighting and materials.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2559x1439.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2560x1440.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2560x1440.

We look forward to taking this journey with you.

Yours sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

10 Likes

I’ll be in my bunk.

2 Likes

I see plenty of (trim click) Black Shark (trim click) again in my future - (trim click) nice!

10 Likes

The above post is trim click funny because it’s true

6 Likes

Oh I see a lot of trim click in the future :smiley:

4 Likes

Guys, I was googling a bit around DCS and F-4 Phantom module and to be honest I am a bit confused.

Do you know what is the state of play at the moment? I would love to see it in DCS :upside_down_face:

Me too. But I don’t expect it anytime soon.
Last we heard from it, it was being put on the back burner.

Not anytime soon is the word. Too bad, would have been awesome. But we’ll see what happens when the viper and hornet are done.

From a glass-half-full perspective, it has not been totally cancelled either :slight_smile: Belsimtek was planning on doing one, but those efforts seem to have been put on hold when BST folded back into ED. The last official statement that I could remember and find was:

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

Source

7 Likes

They talked about announcing a new complex jet later in the year. My money is on the F-4.

1 Like