DCS 2.5 Update Thread (2020)

As always love the DCS cinematics, but I have to nit-pick one thing. When strafing the JU-88s, and they explode, the fuselages are still there intact sans everything else.

A friend and myself called that “flying sausage mode” as in CFS3 a lone fuselage on it’s plummet to the earth would magically generate the lift to fly back up into the sky (and subsequently take a few minutes to roller coaster it’s way down into the dirt).

I would hope in the (relatively speaking) near future we can have a damage model more advanced than plane = nose + fuselage + wings + wingtips + tail + control surfaces.

Especially with WWII stuff and our B-17 and hopefully future bombers - let’s see fuselages that can lose chunks and eventually snap in half under stress.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair the new damage model still has to be deployed so…

Hoping to see what that brings!
I just thought that since all the shots are typically posed to highlight exciting features and hide flaws or unready features (like the early Falcon sneak peaks we only saw the cockpit and a bit of the HUD) that that particular frame / scene stood out as unpolished.

It’s a wishlist item - I won’t stop playing in the mean time!

1 Like

My problem isn’t so much with this, but the fact you can see they still float after being destroyed. It’s a problem with all the AI WWII assets right now.

1 Like

I sent it to a friend of mine who knows about the sim and my equipment - and he said “one thing stood out” - and that was it. He liked everything else, but made the same observations.

There were definitively some ‘imperfect’ moments in that video. @ED, we are watching ! :wink:

1 Like

I thought that these two sequences were really good.

10 Likes

Read my mind!

Can’t wait to re-create them when the birds become available.

1 Like

No patch this week, Есть проблемы.
That means ‘there’s problems’.

3 Likes

Yea 2.5.6 looks like a major update patch,I rather they test it out thoroughly instead of release and breaking modules.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/eWN5R7tRMws

Forget the game or what features we may hope to soon see. This video just feels great. It does not in any way reflect my typical DCS experience. That’s ok. We can dream. The “Zombie” cover is also great.

10 Likes

Yeah, Glowing Amraam is an artist!

4 Likes

New Channel and P-47 pics up

10 Likes

Those pictures look so good, you could express it by taking the “Flap Warning” text from that cockpit and just remove the “L”.

10 Likes

2 Likes

Ka-50 free cockpit update
Development report #13

Over the last few weeks, we have been hard at work preparing the next big update to DCS World: version 2.5.6. This update will bring a number of highly anticipated things one of which we can share with you now;

• The DCS: Black Shark 2, Ka-50 free cockpit update. This is a completely rebuilt Ka-50 cockpit with new, high-resolution geometry and textures. It will also take advantage of new lighting and materials.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2559x1439.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2560x1440.

16x16 This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2560x1440.

We look forward to taking this journey with you.

Yours sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

10 Likes

I’ll be in my bunk.

2 Likes

I see plenty of (trim click) Black Shark (trim click) again in my future - (trim click) nice!

10 Likes

The above post is trim click funny because it’s true

6 Likes

Oh I see a lot of trim click in the future :smiley:

4 Likes