DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Drool…
2-seater Flankers always look awesome, as do your 3d models!

Are you planning to release this one?

xTqEuiR

Yes, this is a revival of the older Su30 mod, that no longer worked when DCS World went to DX11 w/ 1.5/2.0.

The Model was setup for FC2/Early DCS A-10C Days, so needed to be re-vamped and re-exported to work w/ DCS and DX11. instead of simply re-exporting it, I chose to re-vamp it from the ground up w/ new animations, new lightning, new materials, new settings, etc etc, new LUAs, new UI Elements.

2 Likes

Mmm, desert lighting.

4 Likes

Sporting @komemiute’s beautiful skin over a snowy landscape.

And then I joined the 229th virtual squadron, Mi-8 group

Bringing wounded soldiers to the hospital

Back on the flight line

Tarawa practice with the Marine Nationale

Hauling mortars and ammo

5 Likes

Tight LZ:

Formation landings:

And this was the flight line after last weekend’s combined mission with 229th, Black Shark Den, and the 906th.

Will post a video of the mission later, specifically my crash at the hands of a ZSU-23 that appeared over the crest of a hill.

EDIT: it’s here:

9 Likes

The 229th are really great to fly with… speaking from personal experience :wink:

2 Likes

@Bogusheadbox @klarsnow

@near_blind …Legit

6 Likes

You know what they say when you make the tips touch, right?

4 Likes

I’m up again as Bandit 1 from Tonopah. This time I have an F-5 flying on my wing as a chase aircraft.

He gives me a quick ‘clean and dry’ check, looking for anything abnormal like leaks, smoke, or popped panels. All is well so I clear him off to pick up the next MiG in line for takeoff.

My trainee forms up on my wing for a closer look at the MiG…

…and then it’s ‘fight’s on!’. We get into a scissors but I have the advantage in turning radius. I just need to be patient and not overdo it. The MiG can bleed speed in a hurry if you pull too hard.

From here, I just need to lag a little then bring the nose around.

Splash 1! This is training so he is just fine of course. I call ‘terminate’ and he forms back up to have another go.

Up again on the same mission but this time I’m up against an F-14.

I can’t turn with this guy like before with the F-15 so I stay conservative and wait for him to make a mistake.

When he goes vertical I know I have him. He will have no maneuverability left when he comes over the top. I, however, kept my energy up and even have power to spare.

Oh well, even with a perfect setup you can’t win them all.

13 Likes

7 Likes

Head explodes. Boom refueling?

Back to the 1.5.8 and some of my (offline) DACTing

How the Viggen was born…

5 Likes

Bloody heck, that’s some quality shots! :smiley:

It was blast from the past :wink:

…and now something more modern from 2.5

Made it!

Cool looking skin

DCS: Blue World

New toy in my sandbox. Bought on steam, works no problem with standalone

9 Likes

Love that last Hokum shot.

1 Like

Hi guys, long time no see :slight_smile:

Mods used:
Civil AIrcraft Mod
VPC Airfield Equipment
Upuaut’s Bell-47 & Cargo mod

24 Likes

Hello mate lovely pictures :smiley:

1 Like

The effort you must have put in. Wow. The F-5 pulling over the top and the synchronized contrails are my favorites. The “through the porthole” shot leaves me mystified. The last shot with the hopper-laden Bell is so naturally staged. Yes wow!

1 Like